Importing Bookmarks and Passwords INTO Linux OS Brave FROM Windows 10 Application Data

1. I had Brave browser installed on a Windows 10 notbook (POS, BTW)

2. Something went wrong and the notebook would no longer boot on Windows 10

3. I installed a brand new HDD for the notebook and installed Ubuntu / Linux and copied the DATA only from my OLD HDD with the Windows 10 OS

At the same time, I also copied the Local Settings / Application Data / Roaming folders from the OLD OS that contained my Brave Browser bookmarks and password files.

1. I have been trying to import the bookmarks but cannot locate an acceptable file

2. I tried to import using the ‘Import HTML Bookmarks’ but Brave bookmarks are NOT saved in an HTML extension and you cannot change it on the import menu.

3. This of course doesn’t address importing the previous password files.

4. Because I can’t boot the original drive with the Window 10 OS and thus, I can’t export the Brave Browser bookmarks.

I need to import (INTO A LINUX / UBUNTU OS), the old Brave browser bookmarks and password / login files from a PREVIOUS, and non-operational / non-bootable Windows 10 OS.

Again, I have all of the BRAVE SOFTWARE files from the Application Data files copied from the Windows 10 OS.

In what folder are the files I need to import and how can I accomplish this so I can be back up and running?

Your knowledgeable assistant is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

@KingSparta,
For Windows, you should have copied the data in ~/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/User Data/Default, not ~/AppData/**Roaming**/BraveSoftware.

:point_up: If you do have the Default directory from Windows (this holds profile data, and if you had renamed your profile to something else, the profile directory will also take that name), you can simply copy/paste/replace the Default folder on your Linux system (~/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default) and most data will migrate. Things that are encrypted by the OS however (such as saved passwords will not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.