I'm out - thanks Brave

Well, it was a fun 6 months - I thought for a minute I’d found a forever browser.

Thanks for the FORCED update, not sure how it happened, but you wiped my bookmarks that I hadn’t backed-up for a couple months - and I really needed those.

Also, I really like the whole ‘no drop down menus on the toolbar’ . . . a little less control, a little less than what one has gotten used to over the past 23 years.

Good luck - and now, back to Palemoon.

Cya
This reply has to be 20 characters long.

Hi @Kielanders,
Apologize this happened to you. The upgrade process is not happened like the team expected. But they working to fix it.

This one may can help with your bookmarks issue For users who had issues migrating data from Brave Muon to Brave Core

Can you elaborate more about this? I’m not pretty sure about this.

Thanks for trying Brave.
:slightly_smiling_face:

I believe they mean the traditional File, Edit, View, etc. menus along the top of the program window.

I love the new look a lot more than the Muon one. Keep up the good work Beave team. I disagree with the people saying it looks like Chrome is a minus. It’s a big plus if you can enhance the privacy and all that nice stuff
Edit: I previosly tried Brave a couple of times but uninstalled after a day or so. Now I use it every day on work laptop, home laptop and phone

1 Like

@eljuno

Thanks for your thoughts, was very ticked-off last night when I wrote that. I’m using LinuxMint now on a Mac. Having to learn command line stuff all over again has been hit an miss.

I’ve used PCs for 30 years, but just don’t have the flare for programming. I was okay with DOS, but that is nothing compared with command line Linux for getting things right moving around-in and manipulating the operating system.

The dropdown toolbar I was referring to is usually just under the menu bar, it would be the bar that says 'File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Window, Help (or something like that). They could have at least left-in a choice in settings giving one the option of showing or hiding it.

I may give it another try, just really didn’t like the forced update, and/or certainly don’t remember being prompted to agree to an update. I don’t need my experienced ‘improved’, I just need my stuff to be there and work so I can do what I need to do and go about my day.

We’ll see - it’s not like there’s a world of great browsers out there, all of them are basically glorified spyware for government or business or both (at this point there’s not much difference between the two).

1 Like

Forced update ? Maybe you installed via snap ?

It could explain the problem with history, look here : Brave forgets EVERYthing after update. Working as intended?

I did install via Snap - thank god for Snap and .deb or I’d have nothing installed.

An update: I recalled that Mint has Timeshift, so I was able to rollback my machine and rescue my bookmarks.

I have my old Brave back!!!

Question is: How can I keep it???

In case you haven’t figured it out, I’m old, AND I DON’T LIKE CHANGE!

:o)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.