NOTE (edit): I didn’t opt for this update, you forced it.
- Woke up this morning, brave wouldn’t start from the “Favorites” toolbar on Ubuntu.
- started it from the command line it came up with a complete (horrid) new look as if it was being run the first time.
- No Last Pass
- My ~/.config/brave directory was GONE!
- Fresh install still wont start from Favorites
- Try to get Last Pass back and ended up on GOOGLE CHROME’S EXTENSION PAGE, as if avoiding google isn’t why most people were using Brave to begin with.
This was the WORST experience I’ve ever had with any browser software and will cost hours of my time trying to reassemble useful bookmarks and settings but it will certainly not be on the new google based crappy version.
You really screwed over your user base. I hope you track your metrics. The numbers are going to plummet.