I'm consistently getting about 9 extra BAT than I think I should

Please ensure that you’ve read through the following topics/pages thoroughly before opening a topic as your question may have already been answered:

Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes
What date did you verify your wallet?
About 2 years ago
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No
Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes
Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes
Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?
Yes

Every month for the past 4 months or so I get about 9 or 10 extra BAT than I think I should. I only have 2 devices connected to Gemini. I get 15 from one and 1 or 2 from the other but my payouts are usually around 26 or 27 BAT. No matter what I earn its always about 9 more than what the browser says to expect. I had an old device not connected anymore and it usually earned around 9 so I am wondering if something is bugged and that BAT is being added or something. Idk it is just always more than what my 2 devices say I should get.

That’s great. lol.
I guess better to tag someone from the team. @Evan123 could you take a look. Thanks.

1 Like

@Cameron990 brave talk for a few mins ?
Don’t want yours/mine discord to be shared.

Lol I know it feels like a weird thing to report on but It definitely seems like something is bugged with my payout. I went ahead and submitted a support ticket with the number 174182. If @Evan123 or anyone could look into this that’d be great.

1 Like

Great. BTW, be patient, the weekend has come so support team might not answer till sometime next week.

1 Like

@Cameron990 Just confirming, you get the payouts with the added bonus each month ?
As for me, I got 13 BAT paid twice when I should have got it once only, but then I didn’t receive December Payout since I did not earn more than 13 BATs in November.

Yeah it is every month. I know they have given extra before to people for missed payment, payment delays etc. but this seems to be a consistent extra 9 BAT on top of whatever I earned.

Okay. How many years / months have you been using the browser for ?

I have used brave since march of 2021

Alrighty. I think it could be Brave Grants for using Brave for quite some time, not sure though.

1 Like

that would be dope, yea I was just worried I didn’t want to be getting all this BAT by mistake, if its intentional thats awesome. Thank you Brave team for the best browser ever lol

1 Like

@Cameron990 and @SmartyAadi Just FYI, I unlisted so I can just give you best answer. By unlisting, people can still see if they had direct link, but it’s not easy to find otherwise. So here’s the deal:

Brave actually gives bonuses for people who use Brave for extended periods of time. This has been around for a while, but Brave doesn’t like to announce it. The reason being that people then want to find out why they are or aren’t getting bonuses, how to trigger it, complain other people are earning more, etc. As a result, it’s just an unspoken thing in general.

As it’s “unspoken,” it’s why I unlisted this to just straight up advise y’all. Way it’s basically been told to me is if we like getting the bonuses, try not to tell others. So if you two didn’t know, now you do. But I’d not talk to others much about it, as otherwise complaints come around and then they do away with it.

2 Likes

Yep, lol. I know, that’s the reason I actually wanted to tell him personally on brave talk, nothing else. Might have come as me being some sortta scammer lmao

1 Like

Cool. Thank you for the info. Pretty much exclusively using Brave for a while so I was wondering if it could be something like that. Appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.