Why do I get less rewards then it says

Briefly describe your issue:

Amount of BAT received is 1.25 BAT while it says 1.87BAT were on it’s way. Can I get an explanation what is happening here?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Windows 11 / Brave 1.41.96

**Is your browser wallet currently verified? Yes
**What date did you verify your wallet? Nov 30, 2021, 5:32:31 PM on Gemini

**Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes

**Are you using a VPN? No

**Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes, Norway

**Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? N/A

**Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? Yes

1 Like

Same here, I was about to receive 15 BATs but only received 13 BATs.

1 Like

The amount shown in the message is just an estimation. Reconciliation will calculate the actual value. That value is then rounded to multiples of 0.25 (x.00, x.25, x.50, x.75)

Many times we received more than what is shown in the message, sometimes less.

The difference will be kept in the browser as current earnings and will be processed in the month after.

1 Like

So we have 4 different values (actually 5)

• Estimated value (0.12)
  • Value that says is going to be transferred (1.837 in my case) (same as estimated value in the end of the month?)
  • Actual received value (1.25)
  • Residual value due to rounding on multiples of 0.25
  • Earned this month so far

Estimation for the whole month
how does this estimation thingy work? I mean the estimation is as it says just an estimation and I do not expect it to be 100% accurate. In my screenshot is shows 0.12 for August is this an estimation for the whole of august or is this value that is actually earned so far this month. As of moment of writing that is 01 Aug 2022 - 08 Aug 2022?

Residual value
Can I check this somewhere?

Earned this month so far
Can I check this somewhere?

From what I observed in the past, the “Current earnings this month (estimated)” contains the earnings from this month + the roll over from previous month. This value is adjusted when the payout occurs.
But, as said, this is just an estimation and not an actual value.
And no, the value shown as to be transferred is not the same as estimated at the end of the month. Sometimes it’s higher, sometimes lower.

The differences are due to what is calculated by your browser, what is calculated by their servers and what has been actually paid by the advertisers. The whole process is not clear. Brave does not share much information about it.

1 Like

@zooiit Did you click on Claim and received this amount?

I dragged the triangle and got this error

Yes I did now but they aren’t on my gemini wallet yet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.