Idk if it's a bug. Please read and help me

Hello Brave community, tonight I am writing because as you can see in the title I don’t know if what is happening to me is due to some kind of bug… I explain.

My computer where I usually use Brave, from time to time has problems, restarts, freezes, restores itself.

It happens that a few days ago this happened to me and usually does not give me problems, but this time I tried to donate to someone I follow and help him with some bat and the triangle of brave does not point me as a verified creator.

It is very strange, I talked to him and asked him if his account was in perfect condition and he said there was no problem. But it is very curious because with creators like Coinmarketcap, Getzen, etc. the Brave icon recognizes them as verified.

What leads me to think, it would be that in the restoration was damaged some file relating to donations or something like that. I asked other people to open their profile from their browser and it marks them as verified and allows them to donate.

I don’t understand why it doesn’t reflect it to me, I don’t know if I’m explaining myself well in all this. But if anyone has an idea or a solution, it would be very helpful. Greetings!

2 Likes

You mean the creator you are trying to tip and not you, right? As you don’t need to be verified to tip others.

Restarts, Abrupt closes can cause damage to some files, but if everything is working fine then it is unlikely that anything specific to tipping would be damaged.

It takes some time (1-3 days) for newly verified creators to be reflected like one. You can share link to creator’s website and I can check.

2 Likes

Yes, I mean the person I am trying to tip.

The issue isn’t that he or I are not verified, it’s that when I hit the bat triangle to do the process, it doesn’t show me the tip buttons.

But with other creators like the ones I mentioned above, it does. I don’t understand why.

This is the creator and as you can see everything is fine with his account, but I don’t know why he won’t let me donate to him.

2 Likes

Can you share a screenshot of what it shows when you click on the bat triangle on the creator’s page. For me it is working fine.

2 Likes

As you can see, that’s what I get. A few weeks ago before it restored itself I was able to tip, but now it doesn’t even show me the buttons to do so.

In the second image, it is with coinmarketcap for example, and here if I may tip, it is very rare.

2 Likes

Strange. For some reason browser is not able to identify the url (same can be observed on a new tab page)

Try clearing Site settings and cookies of the page (click on the “lock icon” on the left side of the url) and make sure Brave is updated to the latest version.

Can you check if it is working on any other verified creator on twitter, for example this one- https://twitter.com/brave

2 Likes

It’s still the same, even in Brave’s Twitter that you sent me, it doesn’t recognize him as a creator and doesn’t give me options to donate to him, it’s very strange. And I have the latest version.

2 Likes

Can you try testing this in a new profile (just to check if there is an issue in the default profile)-

2 Likes

I clicked on the creator twitter link and upon checking the bat triangle next to url bar it pops up information and allows me to tip if i wanted to.

3 Likes

Yep, it does indeed display fine for others, but not for me. I don’t know if it’s something with my browser.

2 Likes

Not even in a new profile, so I think it must be some file or something like that. I don’t know if deleting all the data will solve it, the thing is that I have some bat and I don’t want to lose it.

2 Likes

@Mattches Please see this. Also check if it works with shields down.

2 Likes

I actually meant to respond to this yesterday that’s on me and I do also see this same behavior on my end. I’ve already reached out to the Rewards team about this and we’re trying to work out what the issue here could be.

3 Likes

Oh, thank you for responding. I’ll keep an eye out for further news then. Thanks to @Aman_M for the help and interest provided during all this time.

2 Likes

For anyone here reporting, can you please try updating the browser to the latest build (v1.28.106 at the time of writing this)? On my end, after updating I was able to see verified status in the Rewards panel as intended.

3 Likes

It remains the same. For example, here in the community it detects “bravecom” as a verified creator, but in Twitter it doesn’t recognize the official Brave Twitter, nor the account I shared in the post, not even my own account. It doesn’t give me the option to donate to them.

2 Likes

@Manolito020,
So to confirm, the panel still seems the same as in the original screenshot?

2 Likes

Yes, I even checked Twitter profiles like Sampson, Uphold. I asked acquaintances to pass me their Youtube channels verified as creators and it does not mark them as verified, nor does it give me tip options.

But here in the community if it shows me the check, gives me tip options, as in Coinmarketcap and some faucet verified by Brave.

Will the solution be to delete the data? I don’t want to lose the few bat’s I have there.

2 Likes

@Manolito020,
You should not need to delete anything. To confirm, you’ve updated to v1.28.106 already?

2 Likes

Yes, I did update it yesterday when you notified.

2 Likes