I no longer earn rewards, despite receiving ads

Briefly describe your issue:

For now several months, I didn’t earn any rewards despite frequently receiving ads.
My estimated earnings have been “stuck” for the past few months, meaning they don’t change / increase, no matter how many ads I see or click on.

Ads are set to 10 per hour, auto-contribution is disabled.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows 10
Brave Version 1.39.111 Chromium: 102.0.5005.61

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
no

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

I’m located in Germany.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

If you go to brave://rewards/ and then click on 30-day Ads History, do those ads show there? Does it say Viewed or what does it say?

Usually when this happens it’s because of any of the reasons below:

• Your account is flagged. (It should tell you this if you have been)
  • Your IP Address & Locale don’t match (for example, you have your computer set for English (United States) but you’re in Germany, it will cause Brave to think you’re supposed to be in United States but IP in Germany, so it won’t reconcile and you don’t get paid)
  • You have something blocking the ads. When this happens, you’ll see it say something like Dismissed or whatever instead of Viewed.
  • You’ve viewed the maximum amount of ads for those campaigns. (doesn’t sound like the case since you’re saying stuck for months, but it’s possible). When you visit https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/ you can see all ad campaigns in your area as well as how often they can be seen for rewards. Once you hit the daily/weekly/monthly/total limits, you’ll no longer be able to receive earnings from those ads (and honestly, shouldn’t see them either).

Hi Saoiray, thanks for your reply.

It does show some ads in my history, but only the ones that I have clicked on.
However, I can click as many ads as I want, my estimated earnings remain unchanged.
All the other ads, such as the ones on new tab-pages, do not appear in my Ads history.

As for the other points you mentioned:

• I have not received any information or notification about my account being flagged.
  • My computer is set to German and my IP is also located in Germany.
    (In case you’re wondering about my Ads history being in English, I just temporarily changed the language-settings for the purpose of taking the screenshot. It was set to German before and so is it now.)
  • I don’t have any adblocker or firewall installed on Brave or my computer.
    It doesn’t show any ads as “dismissed”.

Just FYI, you don’t have to click on ads to get paid. I did notice that in your screenshot, the most recent date was May 10 and it’s not May 26, which means two weeks of no ads.

PRIMARY SUGGESTION
Make sure to fill out a ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 and include all the information you can. At that point @steeven, @Mattches, or someone else from Brave will try to look into it when they are able. Keep in mind they work through a lot of tickets daily, so it can take time.

SECONDARY THOUGHTS

• I kind of mentioned in prior comment. I see you mentioned IP and all is there, as well as Locale being the same. I mentioned the link https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/ but didn’t see you mention. If it doesn’t show ads available or maybe they have low limits, you might have reached those. But that wouldn’t make sense on you saying months with no BAT.

• You mentioned no adblocker or firewall, but that’s not what would stop it. Things that can prevent ads/notifications would be Focus Assist on Windows as an example. Support Assist has automatic rules and normal, if you have any of those on it will prevent notifications from showing. However, since yours is showing that you’ve seen and clicked, I don’t think that would have anything to do with it.

• When you go to brave://rewards-internals, check the Ad Diagnostics tab and see if it does show your region under Locale. If it might be slightly different than your IP and all, that might be the issue. I know you said language is usually set to German but that doesn’t mean the Locale is right. Let me give you a small example right below of another person’s issue

EXAMPLE:

matching the locale on WIndows 10 ( Español (Costa Rica) instead of Español (Latinoamerica) ) fixed the issue for him.

So like there, the language had been set right, but just because it went from Latinoamerica instead of Costa Rica as part of the language, it caused an issue. I’m not sure if there’s multiple time zones or regions under German that might be having a bit of a conflict.

Oh, one last thing. I highly doubt it would make a difference but try to go to brave://flags and set Enable Brave Ads custom push notifications to Enabled. (I wouldn’t mess with much else in Flags.)

A lot of what I said for my secondary are slight repeats or things that may not help at all. But at least wanted to toss out there in case it might resolve. Otherwise will have to wait for staff to kind of have the solution. I wish I was able to look deeper and figure things out, but as just another user, I’m kind of limited on suggestions I’m able to make.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.