I keep getting a black or white screen whenever I start up Brave

It all started when I woke up and booted up my computer. When I went to open Brave I got this message ‘error code status_invalid_image_hash’. I innitally tried to uninstall it but for some reason couldn’t. I came on here and someone said to just redownload the installer fix it. That was a big mistake because that just an entirely different problem for me where I got this message every time I tried to start it up ‘the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect’. So I came back here and once again someone said just to redownload the installer and like a very frustrated idiot I did that again. Now that allowed me open the browser but all I got was a black or white screen. I eventually figured out why the browser wouldn’t uninstall and finally deleted it. Upon doing this redownloaded twice and it didn’t wok ether time. I even tried all those fixes that they show in those youtube videos. I’m stumped please help I’ve been at this for over two hours.

Hello @CTSane

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Could you please share the following information:

1 - What kind of device and OS do you have?
2 - Have you updated to the latest Brave version?

If this a desktop computer (found at brave://version) to download the most recent one (https://brave.com/download/)

3 - A screenshot of the issue (optional)

Be waiting for your response!

Am getting same issue on iOS device after last update. So not just PC.

Only effects start screen and any previously open tabs. Going to a new web site works.

Hoping they fix this on next update. Is it possible to go back a version on PC. Should be easy on Linux, windows might need previous install media.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.