Blank screen when loading up brave

When I try to load up brave it just sits at this blank white screen. Anybody know a fix? I’ve tried deleting the files from the folder and reinstalling but the problem is still there.

1 Like

Hello @Sweep

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Brave. Before give you any recommendation, could you please share the following information:

• Have you updated to the latest Brave version?

• Since this a desktop computer (found at brave://version) to download the most recent one (https://brave.com/download/)

Be waiting for your response!

I have tried downloading from the link and reopened brave but I still had the same problem

Hi again! @Sweep

Thanks for your reply. Could you please try installing the Beta or Nightly version of Brave to see if the issue persist on those versions?

Be waiting for your response!

@Sweep Actually had someone else share similar:

In English, what resolved for them was:

Hi, I had that problem for 3 days and the only thing that worked for me for now, and I hope the problem doesn’t come back, was to delete the “User Data” folder that is in AppData under “Local” in AppData under AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser.

You might want to give that a shot.

Thank you for the advice!
The brave beta works but I just wanted to ask if there would be any way to transfer the user data from my old brave to the beta since the browser is fresh?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.