I have stopped seeing Brave Ads, I have read through the FAQ and Troubleshooting guides. Still no dice

If you are unable to or have stopped seeing Brave Ads, please read through the following posts first to ensure that basic troubleshooting steps are checked:

After reading the above, if you’re still having trouble viewing ads, please answer the following:

Are you able to receive general desktop/push notifications?
You can test this by visiting this page on our Help Center and forcing a push notification to appear.

YES

Are you in a supported region (if so, which one)?
Check https://brave.com/transparency and confirm that you are in an applicable region

YES. USA.

Give us a brief description of the ads behavior you’re seeing

I ONLY SAW ADS FOR THE FIRST 2 DAYS USING THE BROWSER THEN THEY SUDDENLY STOPPED AND HAVEN’T RETURNED DESPITE FOLLOWING ALL TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDES. I HAVEN’T RECIEVED AN AD OR BAT IN OVER A WEEK.

What OS/Brave version are you using?
Please copy/paste the top 3 lines of your brave://version page

Brave 1.22.70 Chromium: 89.0.4389.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision 14f44e21a9d539cd49c72468a29bfca4fa43f710-refs/branch-heads/4389_90@{#7}
OS Windows 10 OS Version 2009 (Build 19042.868)

I have the same problem.
My linux laptop brave is at 1.22.70 and receives ads fine. My win10 PC is at same version but never have received an advert, even after clean install.
I have done everything but cannot figure this out.

Same here… But still no answer from anybody.

@Aces86,
First, please ensure your caps lock button is not on when posting or replying here.

As for the issue, please see this documentation for some additional reasons you may not be seeing ads. I will note that 90% of users who are not seeing ads right now don’t actually have anything wrong with their setup or they fall into one of the categories on the above-linked documentation.

If you take one minute and look on this forum, you’ll see support team answering the many users who are reporting this and other issues. I’ll also note that you have not opened a topic on this yourself – so you’re currently waiting on an answer to a question you never asked.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

I could use the same tone that you used, but I will be the better man here. You’ll noticed that in every topic about that same issue, the documentation that you linked is brought up, and people tried it.

I did.

I really do not care about seeing ads or gaining a few bucks a month doing so. Really, I don’t. I use Brave for all the other reasons than money itself. I want to help you build a solid piece of software and as an IT engineer, I’m trying to understand what’s wrong to fix it.

And BTW, if I didn’t ask the question myself to avoid creating duplicates, that’s all. I don’t think that creating the same topic again and again will help in any way, but if you like, I can do it.

Anyway, I was just here to understand, to help. If you just want an end user, sorry for misunderstanding.

Mattches

Using caplocks was simply a way to differentiate my answers from the form questions. It seems like you are more concerned with random internet strangers “respecting you” then you are about actually helping them. On every single thread you show a consistent streak of insecurity by pointing out any minor behavior that offends you, and you are apparently easily offended. Therefore, as an individual with free will I will continue to use caps lock as I see it appropriately and not when you decide I should.

Furthermore, as I already stated in my original post, I have already read all the related documentation. My issue isn’t that I don’t understand the point of brave ads, the issue is I am getting zero ads whatsoever for over a week, and even when I get ads on the blank tab I don’t get BAT for them. So if the Brave team is just insisting that nothing is wrong and they just don’t have any ads, then your ecosystem is broken and I can’t actually earn anything and may as well go back to using Chrome, because earning BAT is literally my only purpose for using this browser. So if you have any actual solutions, that would be nice to hear. Otherwise, I can do without the canned responses that I’ve already read on every other thread in here.

If earning BAT is your only purpose, please go back to chrome.

Thanks

1 Like

@lokan,
I apologize for my tone – you’re right. It’s been a long day and to be honest, I don’t have a general solution for this at this time, because most issues with cases like this are caused by individual circumstances. That’s not to say that “none of it is our fault” – there very well may be issues that we’re not aware of, but they are very hard to track down given how many relevant variables there are.

Earlier I stated:

This part was not sarcastic or snarky, its just true. In the past few weeks, we’ve had a couple dozen calls with users where we screen share and just about every time the user had:

• Some setting configured incorrectly
  • Had some device or software installed conflicting with the feature (Ads)
  • Had hit their cap for ads received per day and/or had no relevant ad campaigns running at the time (which may appear as though ads “just stopped”)
  • Were looking at the wrong numbers to make the call that ads weren’t working (for example, seeing their wallet stay at 0BAT – as it should until payout – but didn’t realize their estimated earnings for the month was increasing)
  • Had a gaming mouse/peripheral enabled (known issue)
  • Had wallets that were flagged for fraudulent activity

This is why we are so aggressive with the documentation and making sure users have read all relevant FAQs because most users problems are caused by something we’ve mentioned in them.

Again, I cannot give you both any sort of general solution (" if you do this, ads will work perfectly now"). What I can do is assure you that we are constantly digging into our code to fix and improve the feature and making sure that any legitimate users who lost or never received their BAT get the funds they’re rightfully owed.

For the time being, I’d like to take a look at both of your individual cases and get a closer look at what’s going on on your end. Would you both (@Aces86 @lokan ) be willing to have hop on a call and have a short screen share with me and/or another dev on our ads team and see if we can pinpoint the issue at hand? If so, please send me a DM (maybe make the subject line " ads issue screen share" or something easy for me to spot) telling me you’d like to do that and we can set up a time to troubleshoot.

@Aces86,
I UNDERSTAND – YOU’RE SAYING THAT YOU USED CAPS LOCKS TO GET ATTENTION YOU/OTHER USERS DIDN’T SEEM TO GET BY DIFFERENTIATING YOURSELF. THIS MAKES SENSE TO ME TO SOME EXTENT BUT I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD USE METHODS OTHER THAN ALL CAPS TO DO THIS. ALL CAPS LOOKS ANGRY AND SETS A “UNRECEPTIVE” TONE FOR THE CONVERSATION. BECAUSE I’M HONESTLY JUST SAYING THIS TO RESPOND TO YOU BUT JUST PRESSING ONE BUTTON CAN MAKE THIS WHOLE PARAGRAPH LOOK LIKE I’M REAL ANGRY/IRRATIONAL. :slight_smile:

Regardless, I do apologize for the inconvenience and would love to help resolve this issue for you (both).

3 Likes

Hello @Mattches

Before going to sleep I checked one more time your checklist:

• Some setting configured incorrectly
    (I don’t know, but I didn’t change anything and it worked)

• Had some device or software installed conflicting with the feature (Ads)
    (Made me think about Pi-Hole and uBlock Origin. I disabled both for the night)

• Had hit their cap for ads received per day and/or had no relevant ad campaigns running at the time (which may appear as though ads “just stopped”)
    (Can’t check that, but the issue is almost a month old)

• Were looking at the wrong numbers to make the call that ads weren’t working (for example, seeing their wallet stay at 0BAT – as it should until payout – but didn’t realize their estimated earnings for the month was increasing)
    (That, I’m sure it’s okay)

• Had a gaming mouse/peripheral enabled (known issue)
    (I saw the issue was only on Windows, but I turned my MX Master off for the night)

• Had wallets that were flagged for fraudulent activity
    (That it’s okay too)

This morning, I don’t have more luck with the ads. It will probably be a setting, something “easy”, but it’s not on the list, or not detailed enough for us to find.

I will send you de private message though.
Thank you for your time.

1 Like

i have stopped seeing Brave Ads,

i read through the following
documentation that you linked

Why don’t I see Brave Ads? 5

Brave 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (32-bit)

OS Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

I checked one more time a checklist:

Some setting configured incorrectly
(I don’t know, but I didn’t change anything and it worked)

Had some device or software installed conflicting with the feature (Ads)
( I toffled off all for the browser)

Had hit their cap for ads received per day and/or had no relevant ad campaigns running at the time (which may appear as though ads “just stopped”)
(Can’t check that, but the issue is almost a 2 months old)

Were looking at the wrong numbers to make the call that ads weren’t working (for example, seeing their wallet stay at 0BAT – as it should until payout – but didn’t realize their estimated earnings for the month was increasing)
(That, I’m sure it’s okay)

Had a gaming mouse/peripheral enabled (known issue)
(I saw the issue was only on Windows 7)

Had wallets that were flagged for fraudulent activity
(That it’s okay too)

thank you for your time.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as you guys.No ads on my laptop and I can’t claim bat on my phone.

1 Like

So I should be clear – what I wrote in my reply was not a “checklist” per-se. The “checklist” if there were one, would be the table at the bottom of this page on our Help Center.

The funny things is
I receive ads normal when I turn all notification off(sleep mode) and turn vpn on
But when I turn vpn off and phone notification on… No ads show
:laughing:

1 Like

answers for
Why don’t I see Brave Ads? 5

Running browser in full screen mode
(i do not run browser in full screen mode)

System notifications not enabled
( it is enabled)

Focus Assist enabled on Windows
(OS Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Media was playing on the active tab
(Media was not playing I’m sure it’s okay)

User were running multiple browsers with the same wallet
( I’m run one browser)

User assumption that they will receive 40 ads per day (consistently)
(i have stopped seeing Brave Ads)

User manually modified browser state files
(did not modify)

Users manually backup (copy/paste) and restore their user profiles to new computers
(did not backup (copy/paste)

Anyway, thanks again…I appreciate the thought and
the effort. I hope we run into
going to like the browser.

1 Like

In more than 14 days now, no news of @Mattches. I hope you are fine…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.