I have an issue regarding ads

Ads do show up but I do not receive any BAT
There has been 5 or 6 days that althought I have been seeing ads I do not get any BAT in return what so ever. How can I fix that

1 Like

What kind of ads are you seeing? There two types, sponsored images in the new tap page and push notifications that appear in the lower right side of your screen

lower screen I have never had push notifications on my desktop

also this. please note that it took several hours before everything started to work ok

I have disabled 3d party extentions. How do I create a Testing profile?

in the upper right there are 3 horizontal lines, click on it and go to “create a new profile”

btw, any sign of ads after disabling 3rd party extension? although i know it take quite some time for them to start showing up again

Not really… but i will try to make a new profile now

it shows 0.010Bat but there are no ads for the time i checked

No i get on my other profile bat but the ads come from the first profile… This is quite strange to me

@Ross1,
Are saying that the balance in your Rewards panel is showing 0.0 BAT?

Hi… No I am saying that some estimate bat shows up on my profile as it used to and then after I created a second profile ( It was a suggestion to rectify the issue) I get few increments of bat in the new profile account although they come from the ads generated in my main account…

I think that’s not possible, every profile should get his own ads. Btw, I see you added an “ios” tag that I didn’t saw before, why? :thinking:

:point_up: This is true – each profile should have it’s own ads. Further, you won’t be able to distinguish between them other than noting which profile you’re using at the time. @Ross1, what OS/device are you using?

I use it on my mac. I had it from the beginning. And it is possible…

Στις Δευ, 22 Μαρ 2021 στις 8:08 μ.μ., ο/η Insert Name Here via Brave Community <brave@discoursemail.com> έγραψε:

Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 20.41.45 Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 20.41.53

@Ross1,
What I’m saying is that the ads you’re seeing on your second profile are for that profile, they’re not coming through from the other profile since you’re not using it. Additionally, instead of looking at the widget on the NTP, can you please check the Estimated Earnings in Settings --> Brave Rewards --> Ads and see if the balance there is correct or if it reflects the balance in the widget?

no, when you open a profile, the process in charge of serving the ads is opened too and it will kept active while the browser is open, I mean if you open profile 1 and then open profile 2 without closing the browser before that, the browse will keep trying to serve ads for the first profile.

as you can see in the next screenshot, I opened and then closed a “test” profile but there are still process left from that profile, special focus on that “extension: brave rewards”

that’s must be the reason for what your are seeing

I see

Στις Δευ, 22 Μαρ 2021 στις 10:02 μ.μ., ο/η Insert Name Here via Brave Community <brave@discoursemail.com> έγραψε:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.