I don't get ads on Brave

I’ve been using Brave for a long time now, about a month, and I haven’t had any ads at all. I created my referral link and passed it on to two friends, and both of them are seeing ads from the moment they installed it. I don’t understand why I don’t get one.

Welcome to Brave Community @Frodo,
please check all the different steps.

1. Step

First of all check if your country is supported.
A full list of regions where Brave Ads are available can be found at https://brave.com/transparency

2 Step

Check your Rewards settings - brave://rewards/

1. Make sure Brave Rewards is enabled
  2. Set the maximum amount of adds per hour to 5. image
3. Step

If your country is supported, check your windows notification settings.
This is in german but it will be easy for you to get the point :slight_smile:
Your settings should look similar to this.
Make sure its set to off.

Make sure Brave Browser is in the list and activated.

3.1 Step

If Brave Browser isn’t in your App list. Go to -> Notification Test and click on “Authorize”.
Allow the Popup image
Last but not least click on “show” image
Now Brave Browser should be in your App list and you can set it up correctly.

Additional Step
  1. Check if your Browser is running at the latest version. Go to the top right Menu bar and click “About Brave”
    If not update it.

2. Run windows updates and update your mouse driver.

3. Go to https://brave.com and leave your mouse for about 15-20 seconds. After waiting move your mouse and an add should pop up.
    They way this works is because brave will only send you an advertising after you idle for a short amount of time.

4. If nothing works, try another mouse. Sounds silly, but that was exactly the problem why it didn’t worked for me. Sometimes gaming mice are too sensitive to go into idle mode. I have tested it with a cheap 15€ office mouse and it worked immediately.

5. Try lock your PC [WIN+L] leave it for a couple seconds and unlock it again. This will force you PC to idle.

I really hope this guide will help you. :slight_smile:
Rene

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.