I can't sync my account after format my laptop

Description of the issue:
This code was generated by a deprecated version of Brave, please upgrade your other device first

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
step 1: before format my laptop, it still works on my sync and the version is 103.1.41.100.
step 2: starting to format my laptop.
step 3: install brave and the version is the latest.
step 4: I used my sync code try to sync my account.
step 5: the error message pop “This code was generated by a deprecated version of Brave, please upgrade your other device first”

Reproduces how often:
everytime

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.41.100 Chromium: 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
none

Additional Information:
how to upgrade sync? my code is previous version and it works from last time before format device. I have a lot important information on there, but now all cannot sync anymore.

1 Like

I have the same issue as well.

I just discovered the fix. It appears my sync chain code had an additional word added to the end. It must have changed at some point. After using the new updated longer code, it worked. I had to go to another active device that I had Brave sync enabled on to view the updated sync code.

Does it mean that I need to add a new sync chain and after that, I need to combine it with the old sync? Because I don’t have any old device connected to my old sync chain.

1 Like

Ok, I got it why you said got addition word added to the end. For my situation is a little bit different. I would like to provide for those kinds of issues.

First of all what I need to do which is find back the old version because I have been format devices no matter laptop or smartphone. For example, this is my version
Release Release v1.40.113 (Chromium 103.0.5060.114) · brave/brave-browser · GitHub

Step 2 download a zip file because it can prevent auto-updated latest version. For me, I need to download the file name which is brave-v1.40.113-win32-x64.

Step 3 opened it paste down your old sync chain and use your smartphone to scan a sync chain to make sure you’re connected. Make sure your smartphone has been connected and check the sync chain you may see it added a new word in the end. For example, your previous version’s word count is 24. After your smartphone connected it would show our word count became 25.
*Note, you can check your current situation version in about brave. It shows you an error problem because the system cannot update its latest version.

Step 4 you can reinstall it again to your brave browser to the latest version. And use your latest sync chain code :slight_smile:

Step 5 enjoy it~ Please forgive me grammer mistake.

2 Likes

Had the same issue, old version versus the new version…

Followed your steps and it worked…

I simply typed the new word at the end, then bang - happiness again!

I must say, just created an account due to this issue, the full concept of this kind of sync is annihilated by this kind of error/mistake by the Brave team.