I cannot change language for Brave

I had this topic, I did not know about the answer until now, and I cannot reply because it was closed. I DO NOT HAVE this setting in Brave “Display Brave in this language” when I click on the 3 dots. I have there only this two options:

1. Move it down/up,
  2. remove.

How Can I change the display language?

(How/where to set up the language for Brave on macos?)

Hello, anyone? I thing that I have a bug in my Brave. Why I do not have the possibility to change the language??

@LilDevil.sk it’s important to note that when you create a topic and choose a category as you did, a template is created. It contains questions you should answer, such as which OS and which version of Brave you’re using. In neither of your topics have you chosen to provide this information, which makes it difficult to answer you.

That said, it seems you were given the correct answer long ago. But that’s only if you’re using current version of Brave. Can you be specific on which Mac OS you’re using? And also which specific version of Brave you’re using?

Typically for languages, it would be like below:

So I would choose Display Brave in this language and then completely exit Brave. When I return…

The language would be changed to what I told it to be.

@Saoiray
My version is 1.64.122** (Apr 11, 2024). I am updating it right away. This means that (since my first topic was on 5th February) there were more than 5 updates.

My current macOS is 14.4.1, which means also at least 1 update since the first post. And here is my picture from now, which looks still the same as in the beginning.

The best part is, I do not even have there the language in which is the browser displaying. Both languages are English in the list - 1. is just English, 2. is UK English.

@Saoiray

Thanks for sharing @LilDevil.sk. It at least helps us on affirming what is and is not an issue. What I’m going to do from here is tag in @Mattches so he can check if it might be the same for him and/or if he has any ideas what needs to be done to change things.

1 Like

@Mattches just wanted to ping you in on this again, even though know I haven’t really given you a lot of time yet lol. But any ideas on why a person using current version of Brave wouldn’t be able to change the language for Brave’s settings? Is it located somewhere differently in Mac?

Yeah so I believe that for macOS, the system language is used to determine the language displayed in the browser [UI]. It works this way in Chrome as well. On Windows, there is an option to "Display Brave in this language` but macOS does not support this.

I’ve asked the team if there is any way to change the browser UI without changing the system UI and will let you know what they say.

1 Like

Hi @Saoiray @Mattches,
I checked again this version on macOS, and I have found it :partying_face: :partying_face:

I am good with computers. with the Internet, I can do a lot of things by myself. So, before I submitted my first post in February, the first thing that I checked twice was the “Language and Region” settings on my Mac. All I could see was this.

I tried to check up again today. So, I opened the General Settings in full screen (I do not know why. I never do that. like ever.). And it was right there.

Right at the bottom of the window. When I changed it to the usual window size (as in the first photo) it was even moving :astonished: maybe the previous update did not update correctly, or there was some bug. But I finally have the Brave in English :star_struck:

Thank you for your time :star: :star:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.