Hyperlink Connection Delay

Description of the issue: When clicking a hyperlink, such as one inside an email, when Brave (Beta, Dev, etc) opens, there is a momentary lapse, a brief message comes up and says unable to connect, then in a moment it refreshes and connects.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. I have used different email programs, with the same results, and it does not happen in other browsers (Edge, Chrome, Cliqz, Vivaldi). I thought it might be the antivirus, but it doesn’t affect anything.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): This issue started about two to three months ago. Anything clicked inside Brave itself does not create the issue.

Expected result: I understand that it takes a brief moment to connect when a browser opens from a hyperlink, but it seems like Brave takes a little longer to do so compared to the other browsers. I have the same extensions on the different browsers so the effect if from that would appear to cause the same effect.

Reproduces how often: This happens each time a hyperlink is clicked from within an email

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 build 2004.19041.1, all current builds of Brave/Beta/Dev

Additional Information: Unable to determine if this would be caused by an address deciphering/translation delay or if it would be a network/program interaction delay.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.