Hulu not playing

Just got the Brave update. Now, suddenly, Hulu is not playing at all.

Hi @Mo86,

You need to install Widevine first before using DRM-protected content. There should be a puzzle icon at URL bar, click that icon, then “Install and run Widevine”.

Hope that can help
Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks, but that icon is not showing.

@Mo86, thanks for the info. Need to check it first.

For now, can you try this:

• Visit spotify.com
  • There you should see the puzzle icon
  • Install and Run Widevine
  • Try to access Hulu again.

Did that. Seemed like it worked for a moment. Played a few moments of video, then went back to Error 5005 network error.

1 Like

Thanks for the info @Mo86,
Will check it and get back to you asap. :slightly_smiling_face:

Appreciated, thank you.

+1 from @oddstocktrader via HULU.com Runtime Error

cc @Mattches @sriram for additional test.

Now I am trying to play a video on CWTV.com and it won’t play.

I can’t believe I am going to have to switch browsers again! Everything was fine until this latest update. Is there anyway to switch back to the old version? I love Brave, but I need to have video capability!

I can confirm that I’m having the same issue as well

I was going to say, “Oh, good!” I don’t mean I am glad you are having the same issue. But at least I am not the only one!

Can you try putting shields down to see if this solves your issue?

Thanks,
Lauren

Hm, it seems to work with shields down. Is that safe to do, though?

Agreed. I do not like to do that either, a few other video services are no longer working within Brave currently.

Reddit embed videos used to run fine before the old update as well.

Appreciate everyone’s patience with this issue. We were able to reproduce this on our end and have since logged an issue for the team to see and work on a fix.
Issue can be seen here:

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread for now - if you think it should stay open, please message me directly (@mattches) and tell me why and I’d be happy to consider reopening it if necessary.

Thank you.

1 Like

Appreciate everyone’s patience with this issue. We were able to reproduce this on our end and have since logged an issue for the team to see and work on a fix.
Issue can be seen here:
https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/2580
I’m going to go ahead and close this thread for now - if you think it should stay open, please message me directly (@mattches) and tell me why and I’d be happy to consider reopening it if necessary.

Thank you.