Https://google.com takes the longest time in brave than other browsers

Description of the issue:

This is really disappointing to know that brave used to be the fastest browser in my system and now it has become the slowest one.

chromium 2.33 secs
firefox 1.1 secs
brave 3.67 secs

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Install brave beta, chromium and firefox
  2. Visit google.com

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

It should open the at least google quickly or the average time of chromium and firefox

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Everytime

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

It happens on windows and linux, I haven’t tested on macos yet.

Additional Information:
Version 1.71.104 Chromium: 129.0.6668.89 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

@tbhaxor,
I’d be interested to know exactly how you’re measuring the load time. Additionally, there are many factors that may play into this, such as , Shields up vs Shields down will change he load time, caching enabled/disabled will have an effect, as will any extensions you have installed in the browser, whether or not you’re logged into google when testing, etc.

On my end, using the built in dev tools Network tab with Disable cache option enabled (so that the site is not being loaded from cache) I can see a 290ms load time in Brave (note that I performed this in a Guest profile in order to get as clean of an environment as I can):

This is compared to Chrome, where I’m seeing 427ms load time:

And in Firefox 980ms:

Further, while these times do differ, they’re largely negligible as they all load in <1s. Lastly, if we were to truly measure these speeds as accurately as possible, we would test multiple websites and more importantly, test them all multiple times and take the average load time of each to get a more accurate representation of each browser.