Brave Browser Extremely Slow, Slower than Chrome

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

By opening the Brave Browser. Whenever I open the Brave it takes a long time to load, like about 1 min. It was fine but suddenly since few weeks it has become unbearable.

Expected result:
Open within 10 sec like Chrome and any other Browser.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

Device - HP Spectre x360-ae0xx Signature Edition

1 Like

For me it’s more like 2:45 minutes to start up. Other profiles open almost instantly, just not my primary one. Disabled extensions, hardware acceleration.
Windows 10 64-bit
PC

2 Likes

Can confirm same issue, I am on the current version.

1 Like

Similar issue with me- but my entire browser has broken, and just displays a black page when opened, unable to load any webpage, and eventually crashes and dies. Tried reinstalling, but the issue persists.

Version 84.1.11.97, Official Build. Windows 10 64-bit.

I’ve used Brave for years, and so it’s mildly annoying to not even be able to go in and extract my bookmarks and other data, before switching to Firefox. I’ve not added any extensions, or done anything out of the ordinary, and so my only theory if that the recent update caused it to break, but I cannot be certain.

FYI I fixed my issue by doing a “Reset settings.”

1 Like

Hello everyone,

It seems the problem has been fixed. I don’t know how it was fixed. Past few days brave browser is opening fast. I think it was due to pending Windows update.

Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.