I blocked an element on a webpage that i shouldn’t have. now, even i disable the brave shields completely, the element still stays hidden.
Right click on the page that you blocked an element for, go to the brave section, then click on clear CSS ruled for this site.
Thanks for your reply Ahmad, unfortunately that is the very first thing I have done.
this is brave on windows
|Brave||1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)|
Seriously, where is that filter list located? I tried to look in the profile folder with no success. I suspect it’s stored in binary form somewhere. …
i wish brave were more transparent and friendly with advanced users.
Hi, The built in remover does work, it’s widely used without issue. That said one way manual (unofficial) to remove it:
Always backup your profile before making changes.
- Download Astrogrep (https://sourceforge.net/projects/astrogrep/ or use your preferred grep).
- Close all Brave browser windows
- Running Astrogrep and search for
- Removing the 3 files it finds.
- Re-launch Brave, and the custom css will be removed (well all custom css removed)
I tested this, browser still launched and it removed my test css filter.
thank you, this worked.
marking as solution.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.