Blocked Element is NOT showing up custom filter list

I was annoyed by a repeating popup from Facebook and used the Block Element on the popup itself. This turns out to be a mistake, locking up Facebook when it attempts to show it again. Per Brave’s instructions (and many other internet sources), I went to unblock the element in the Content Filter / Custom filter list. The blocked element isn’t there. I even reset the browser settings to no avail. Either I’m being misdirected to where the entry can be modified or it’s hidden and inaccessible to end users. Please fix either the documentation or the visibility and ability to remove the entry.

1 Like

Hello there @Newintellectual please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. I will require the following information in order to investigate further:

1. Description of the issue:
  2. Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):1.2.3.
  3. Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
  4. Expected result:
  5. Reproduces how often:
  6. Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
  7. Additional Information:

Be waiting for your response.

I described the issue as well as I can. As a software engineer I can say that what I described is enough for any capable developer to investigate. If you guys don’t want to, so be it.

@Newintellectual,
Can you please confirm what Brave version you’re using as well as whether you’re on Windows 7,10,11, etc? I just tested the Block element functionality on my end and saw it appear in the Custom filters list as expected.

I’m unclear whether or not the issue you’re encounter is related to the element itself that was blocked or the feature specifically. Can you test and see if you can get another blocked element to appear in the list (choose a site/element that is innocuous, in the event it doesn’t appear there)?

Version 1.47.186 Chromium: 109.0.5414.119 (Official Build) (64-bit), Win 10 Pro.

My suspicion is that it’s not showing because I blocked a Facebook “popup” while perusing Facebook, and there’s something about the structuring of it in the DOM that’s causing an issue with addition to the Custom filters list. Puzzling since the effect is showing up, but not the entry in the list. It’s difficult to test again because that particular popup was transient, related to something new in FB, and they’re not showing it any longer.

Just an initial test, is this occuring correctly?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.