How do I get rid of left pane (reading list, bookmarks, etc)

How do I get rid of the left pane (that shows reading list, bookmarks, etc.)

You should be able to right click it and hide it, otherwise there’s a setting in settings > appearance

THe first thing I did before writing is to try to right click it. -NO JOY-
and there is no appearance in Settings…

1 Like

If you right click, you should get a box that looks like this

Also the setting is under sidebar here

Sorry. I MUST not be clicking in the right place!

My sidebar does not look anything like yours…

See the screenshot above?

@aware1 please read my replies at links below:

Re: How to get rid sidebar in Brave Browser? - #2 by Saoiray

Re: How to get rid sidebar in Brave Browser? - #7 by Saoiray

Hi again Saoiray!

Thank you for your replies.

The “sidebar” is not my problem. It is that the page is divided up into 2 parts with an image of books (3 standing and 3 horizontal items) and “add current tab”.

This left panel was never here or like this before. A lot of my real estate is gone as a result. I do know how to change the sidebar itself…

If you don’t mind, please review the screenshot on May 26th again to see what I mean.

@aware1 Those are all part of the sidebar.

NO SIDEBAR

SIDEBAR ACTIVE

SIDEBAR WITH BUTTON CLICKED

@aware1 To be clear, you have your sidebar open. Then on the Sidebar you have buttons for Reading List, Bookmarks, Brave Wallet, Brave Talk, etc.

So on the screenshot you have on May 26, you have Sidebar active and have pressed the button for Reading List. You can press Reading List (which is in pink/red on the left when active), and it goes away to just the Sidebar again.

So tell me, what’s different in mine compared to yours?

Hi Stephen,

I did not notice that a button was pushed, however with ANY button pushed/selected, I lose 1/3 of my browser space., which is very annoying.

Perhaps I’m confused here but it seems like this issue has been solved, has it not?

1. The sidebar can be enabled and disabled (that is, shown/hidden) at the top using the sidebar button on the top-right:
    You can also right-click on the icon to hide the icon if so desired.

2. You can also enable, disable and adjust sidebar options in Settings --> Appearance --> Sidebar:

3. There is a Help Center article on the Sidebar here: https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/5181998802061-How-do-I-use-Brave-Sidebar-

Are you still experiencing an issue regarding the sidebar?

I responded to Stephen and said that I did not notice that a button was pushed, however with ANY button pushed/selected, I lose 1/3 of my browser space., which is very annoying.

Perhaps if need to delete and reinstall?

I have my sidebar set to NEVER yet is is still there along with the mostly blank space to the right of it,
up so much real e

state.

@aware1 Did you restart your browser? If you don’t close the Sidebar first but instead just switch it to Never, it usually keeps the Sidebar open for the rest of that session. However, closing/exiting Brave completely and then opening it usually goes back to not having it open. Such as you can see my window currently.

Yeah I agree, simply restart the browser with show sidebar = never and you should be good to go. If it still isn’t going away for whatever reason try simply toggling the option on/off again.

I am having the exact same issue! Happened right after the update to 1.52.117
I also can’t figure out these weird tabs in this version. I may have to uninstall and go to a previous version. This is awful.

Ok, so this problem with the sidebar AND the tabs WOULD NOT go away after the update to 1.52.117 till I did this:

Brave://Flags//
Disabling Vertical Tabs
Fixed both issues

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.