How Can I Disable The Drop-Down Menu that Suggests Auto-Fill Data for Usernames and Passwords?

Description of the issue:

When I go to enter my email/password information on any website, the autofill box pops up and overlays my NordPass suggestions and it is extremely annoying and renders NordPass useless because I can’t see what I’m clicking… I have NordPass chosen as my password manager and would like to have that be the only autofill prompt.

Is there no way to disable this feature in Brave Broswer? Happens on desktop and mobile android device.

Operating System and Brave Version:

Windows 11.
Version 1.62.165 Chromium.

This is a persisting issue and should not be autoclosed by the bot on this site. Is there anyone from Brave that can comment?

If not from Brave, a viable suggestion to fully disable password management from the Brave browser especially if a 3rd Party tool is enabled.

I will double check but I’m fairly confident that there is no way to do this at this time for specifically password autofill.

Unfortunately, I think the only way to do this is to disable Save and fill addresses in the Addresses and more section of Settings (brave://settings/addresses). Obviously this is not ideal, as it prevents all fields from displaying the autofill prompt.

It looks like we do have an open issue for this, but not a lot of attention on it. I’ve added this report as a +1 to hopefully get some eyes on it:

Thank you. I’m wondering if it’s also happening because i have a 3rd party tool for password fill.

Just to say that I also have this problem on my browser. I use Bitwarden Password Manager and I unchecked all the Brave autofill options but still it keeps suggesting passwords.

I hope this problem will get fixed.

Win 11
Brave v 1.64.116

1 Like

Just do as I did and delete all the passwords from the password manager