Hi Brave Team, Why Brave Nightly stopped showing ads all of a sudden?

Briefly describe your issue:
Brave Nightly has stopped showing all types of Ads- NTP Ads, Ad Notifications, Brave News Ads across OSes since a few days. I see this in Windows 10, 11 & Android 11.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10, latest ; Android 11, v1.42.29

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Not on Windows, Android 11 Nightly is verified with Gemini

What date did you verify your wallet?
Few months back

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, India.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes

I have raised a support ticket #139821 and sent my logs there. @Mattches can you take a look. I didn’t mean to raise another request here, just wanted to update @Sreeni.

I’m interested in this issue.

What kind of message do you see on logs?

1 Like

If you haven’t already, you can download Nightly and see it for yourself. And it’s not advisable to post logs publicly unless you are absolutely sure.

Hey,

I didn’t ask you to post log, simply major error messages.

I already tried latest Nightly version and decided to downgrade for now due to this issue. The thing is, different users can have different log outputs, that’s all.

We’re all in the same boat. From 20th June update Nightly stopped receiving ads, I also filled the form to the support center, they replied to me many times asking different things, hope they fix it soon.

1 Like

I saw exactly the same on a Windows 10 installation. Last ad received on the 21st early in the morning, then nothing after that for a few days. I went to C:\Users[myusername]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware and renamed the Brave-Browser-Nightly folder to Brave-Browser to run the same profile in the normal version of Brave rather than in nightly. After that I instantly started getting ads again and have done since. On renaming it to -Nightly I stopped getting ads. There is without a shadow of a doubt something wrong in the current version of nightly. It’s just a shame that Brave take so long to acknowledge this. When the first reports appeared here nearly a week ago it was simply dismissed with a ‘ads can vary throughout the days’ kind of response.

1 Like

I also have the same problem on my 3 devices

Wow. You guys have really been spot on finding abnormalities. The more scrutiny the better.

And I also think it’s happening from around the same time but I noticed it only recently. @g00z If you want to know, this is the error that I’m seeing it (and is present for all type of Ads)-

I’m just posting this for informative purposes and expect no one will make any hasty assumptions. I will delete it if pointed by support.

Wow, that was unexpected haha. Thanks for the info.

What’s your Command Line on brave://version? Any unusual argument?

Also, I found this:

1 Like

This should fix it. Hopefully next Nightly upgrade. I have to say, that was fast. :+1:

1 Like

One more fix for this- https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/23747

Keep alive bump

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.