Recently stopped seeing Brave Ads

Briefly describe your issue:

Hi, I’ve recently stopped seeing ads and hence receiving BAT for them. I was getting them through regularly and I can’t think of anything that has changed save for system updates etc.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows 10.0.19042

Brave Version 1.33.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

Verified - linked to Gemini.

What date did you verify your wallet?

13 Sept 2021

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No - I was using ProtonVPN but have since disabled to rule this out but no change.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes - UK

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

N/A

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

Yes

1 Like

Solution-1

• Press Win + r and type %localappdata%
  • Go to BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default
  • rename folder ads_service to old_ads_service
  • then relaunch your browser, brave will download ads catalogue again

Solution-2

• type search bar brave://flags then enter
  • search Enable system notifications, set to Enabled
  • search Enable Brave Ads custom notifications, set to Enabled
  • then relaunch your browser

These two solutions works for me when I had the same problem, and also sorry my English

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your reply. Your English is good I had no problem understanding :+1: I’ve tried both of your solutions and left it about an hour but still haven’t had any ads through yet. I’ll leave it as it is for now and will let you know if I get any luck. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. This may be the reason why you can’t see ads in hour . Although I set this setting to 10, I’ve only received 18 ads since the beginning of this month.

Why don’t I see any Brave Ads-after enabling them ?

Maximum number of ads displayed
This setting determines the maximum number of ads the browser can show you each hour. In the image above, for example, the number is set to 5 . Please note that this does not mean that you will see 5 ads every hour as the number being set is a ceiling, not a floor. Meaning that with the setting configured above, you may see anywhere between 0 and 5 ads every hour.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve left it alone for a few days but still haven’t received any ads yet. I have no ads at all in my 30 day history either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.