Few Popup ads and PM:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(228)

Logs are flooded with ERROR:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(230) and I don’t get many popup ads.

[May 02, 2022, 2:58:41.3 PM:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(228)] Response public key [public key value] does not exist in payments issuer public keys
[May 02, 2022, 2:58:49.7 PM:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(228)] Response public key [public key value] does not exist in payments issuer public keys
[May 02, 2022, 2:58:51.1 PM:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(228)] Response public key [public key value] does not exist in payments issuer public keys
[May 02, 2022, 2:59:36.5 PM:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(228)] Response public key [public key value] does not exist in payments issuer public keys
[May 02, 2022, 3:16:02.1 PM:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(228)] Response public key [public key value] does not exist in payments issuer public keys
[May 02, 2022, 3:20:36.5 PM:ERROR:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(228)] Response public key [public key value] does not exist in payments issuer public keys

Is this a problem on my side or on the server side?
If it is helpful, I can provide my wallet-id to you.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Linux Mint 20.3 and Version 1.38.109 Chromium: 101.0.4951.41 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
no

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes

1 Like

The moderators have said in the past in many topics that the logs are not for users but Brave staff. The PSA: User FAQ topic created by a community member and pinned in the Rewards Support category addresses this. You may have some idea based on your experience what they might mean, but the logs are not usually useful to the moderators unless they specifically ask them to be provided. Posting information below from the PSA: User FAQ topic.

What are some things that Brave would like me to know before posting?

The first two are actual quotes from staff, along with my own explanation behind it. All the others are things I’m advising based on my observations and discussions with them.

1. Digging through/posting logs and making assumptions about what they mean is not helpful to anyone.

The logs you see in places like brave://rewards-internals are only for errors and are intended only for staff. A lot of people discover them and try to assign meaning to what they are, such as thinking it’s why they aren’t seeing ads. In the majority of cases, that’s not true.

Have you looked at the Regional Catalog Viewer to see what ad campaigns are available for your region and if you are eligible to receive them?

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
The Regional Catalog Viewer shows “13 campaigns and 45 creatives” for my region.
Where can I see, if I’m eligible to receive ads?

1 Like

@FireDragon check out my recent comments at

I think that will kind of help in understanding a bit. Also feel free to search through FAQ in general, which also touches on things that can interfere with ads. That FAQ can be found at -Retired- PSA: User FAQ - Support & Answers

2 Likes

You are welcome. :smiley:

If you are experiencing an issue, you could edit your topic and explain the issue or just create a new topic. If you edit this topic, I would change the title and remove the logs. :wink:

Take care. :smiley:

1 Like

Ahhh, now I understand!
Really good detailed explanation! :+1:

I think, I’ll not change the post, so others can learn from my misconception if they search for this problem.

1 Like

i am getting same error in my logs that public key does not exist

Server-side issue and related to high roll-over balances. I say, don’t worry about it and let the Brave work on it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.