I'm barely getting ads this last week

What about the Android version. Is it supposed to use same languange?
For example if I am living in Indonesia, my Android OS languange has to be Indonesian?

Maybe so. I just was checking and Indonesia is not one of the listed countries for English. I’m not sure if ALL Android is the same but on my Samsung Galaxy S9 when I go to choose language, such as English, it then makes me choose the country it’s in.

If you ever have doubts about where Brave sees you at, go to brave://rewards-internals and then click on Ad Diagnostics. You’ll see where it has a part that says Locale. This is where Brave is seeing you located based on your device settings. If you’re not actually there and the IP address doesn’t match, then you’ll not earn BAT and can even get your account flagged.

2 Likes

Check the following:

1. Go to Focus Assist and make sure it’s off. Not only completely off, but make sure Automatic Rules are off as well. If these are on, they will prevent notifications from showing on your device, which means you won’t be able to see ads.

1. Go to brave://rewards-internals and then to Ad Diagnostics. Make sure it’s showing you en-US for Locale.

2. Go to brave://flags . Then while there make sure to enable Enable System Notifications and Enable Brave Ads custom push notifications. (I’m not sure about Allow Brave Ads to fallback from native to custom push notifications but don’t think it would hurt if you want to do it…)

3. Are you using anything like a gaming mouse by chance? This also had been an issue with some types of monitors. But one workaround that I was told works by people is Ads depend on the number of monitors? - #12 by CharlesKlein

4. Since you said United States, I doubt this is a problem, but just make sure you’re seeing ad campaigns available in your area at https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/

I’m saying that because one of the people who shared they had issues not long ago shared the screenshot below:

1 Like

Ah I see. I already change my phone language to Indonesian (ID). I am not used to Indonesian for phone or computer though :sweat_smile:.

I guess I have to get used to it. Thank you for your information.

Sir I am barely getting ads since past month and haven’t even received my brave rewards from last two months please help me

My issue was with the “Anti-banner” feature of KIS (Kaspersky Internet Security) on both of my Windows machines.
After whitelisting https://static.ads.brave.com/, ads started to appear in my brave news. Still waiting for notifications to show though.

2 Likes

Try going through everything I listed to Sarys a bit above. ALso, when you say Windows machines…are you using a normal PC with Windows or are you doing a Virtual Machine?

I did and everything was in default. After a while the ads started appearing so it definitely was a Kaspersky issue. I’m using normal laptops with Windows 10 and Windows 8

Ok, cool. I just saw where you mentioned notifications so I figured you might have had some setting there blocking it. That’s why I was saying to check where I posted here, referencing this particular post/comment

But if it all got resolved, then yay! Thanks for the update then.

1 Like

I wasn’t getting ads from my Windows 8 machine. Changing those values to enable I’m now able to see them. Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah this is crazy. So far this month June 15th I have received less than 3 days worth of ads than a normal month. This change es no bueno.

Not a single ad in the 15 hours I was on today. yeah this is BS change for sure. I need to move all my Bookmarks to Vivaldi and just be done with this bunk. Gimping people from getting ads like they used to is wrong, and those who are paying Brave to show ads certainly aren’t getting their money worth as mentioned in this thread. smh.

1 Like

Wow I have been looking for an answer for this for a couple of months now and this has done it. Before, https://static.ads.brave.com/v9/catalog was just a 1x1 gif image, but now it actually returns the list of current ads. Thank you so much, Kaspersky was messing around after all!

I have gone to vivaldi on the phone, even though I don’t like the layout as much, but I was barely getting any ads in brave, and so switched browsers on android. I get some on linux, but not much, but I am too lazy to reinstall distro time after time, and thus lose the bat and all the passwords and extensions and everything. I understand what you mean though, the ads have gone down in number.

Yeah I love Vivaldi, Good stuff. Never crashes and never breaks a site. I thought I would give Brave another week or so and so far I’m on day 5 of no ads. Yet I see a bunch of campaigns for my region. Bennish also shows I can get notification, and my wallet is verified.

1 Like

I used vivaldi before brave, and I find both are good, I actually prefer the layout/look of brave on android over vivaldi, but I suppose it is a case of whatever works for the individual. Sorry to hear about the ads issue, have you tried sending messages to the support on here, hope it gets sorted.

Yeah, I’m DM steeven a couple times over last few month about issues with this. No replies

1 Like

sorry to hear, I wish you luck!

Bump in order to keep this particular topic issue, active - and the opportunity to reply, here, to the details provided by @Saoiray and others.

Good info, re: ‘redeem_unblinded_token.cc(228)’ log entries:

Brave Browser Nightly releases, regarding the occurrences of seeing ads- may be worth testing:

Note: The OP, @Sarys, has a new OP (July 19, 2022):

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.