Be Prepared for Testing, Trial and Error
Notice the BraveBrowser folder in path:
Routinely back up that BraveBrowser folder. For that backup work, I suggest using:
Routinely back up your Bookmarks. Use the Brave Browser > Bookmarks Manager, in order to Export Bookmarks to a ‘Bookmarks.html’ file.
Routinely back up your Passwords (if using the Brave Browser password manager). You may export said Passwords to a .CSV file. (If you have questions about that, ask @CerealLover.)
Everything that you back up, should be stored outside of the Brave Browser installation paths - in order for you to safely recover the backups. I suggest that the backup storage include, an attached, external drive.
Name all backups, so the names include the data and time of the backup; for example:
Because there may be occasions when:
- A recent update of something, seemed to reset some other things . . . and you lost all your Passwords, or Bookmarks.
- You need to clear everything, at:
- Your computer crashed or quit ‘at the wrong moment’
. . . and you will be glad that you stored your backups in chronological order.
If you read the other Brave Browser and Brave Rewards reports, here at the Brave Community, you will find PLENTY of such incidents.
Be Prepared. Sincerely.
- You can clear away cache, cookies, site settings, with less worry.
- You can Disable (and Remove) your Extensions, and then test to see which Extension (one or more) are a source of the trouble.
- You can flip back and forth, the many toggle switches in Brave Browser > Settings that Disable and Enable features/functions, while you try to figure out what combinations of Settings may, or may not, be the source of your trouble(s).
- Create a new Profile for testing, to see if the issue will, or will not, resolve.
Use the Brave Browser Task Manager, in addition to the Windows OS Task Manager, and compare the Process ID (PID) numbers, in order to narrow down which processes are the biggest offenders.
When you encounter some issue, as soon as you can - given that you routinely back up your data/info - Exit / Quit Brave Browser, etc., and restart the browser. Sometimes, that, after restarting your computer.
Example: My Brave Browser installation misbehaved this early morning, because it was updated in the background. Before restarting, Brave Browser could not render some websites; but after the restart, no problem.