High CPU usage in brave nightly

Today I opened Brave like I do everyday and after some minutes Brave wasn’t responding, I opened Task Manager to see what’s wrong and I saw that Brave was using a lot of CPU. I watched it for a little and I saw that the usage was decreasing to 25-26% and after that Brave wasn’t responding for a second immediately the usage rose to 30% and until now it keeps doing the same thing.

I tried to reinstall as well but nothing

**Description of the issue: Brave use a lot of my CPU
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave.
  2. Open Task Manager.
  3. See the CPU usage rise like crazy.

**Expected result: I expected to open Brave and like normally browse the internet.

**Brave Version( check About Brave): 0.72.90 Chromium: 78.0.3904.50 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

**Additional Information: For some reason when the CPU usage of Brave drops to 25-26% Brave doesn’t respond for a second and after that the usage rise to 30%.

1 Like

@ObsidianFury,
Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you tell me if your Nightly build is part of a Sync chain or not?

Yes my build is in a sync chain

OK I think I fixed my problem I deleted the sync chain. Btw why did this happened?

1 Like

This is an issue the team is aware of and has been addressing. I believe we have an update getting pushed soon that will address some additional sync issues users may be encountering.

1 Like

Thank you for posting your fix.

Mine started happening last week as well (October 7th) on both my work Windows 10 computer and personal iMac. I couldn’t pin point what could be causing this on two different networks and two different operating systems.

So far, pages are responding as they were before.