High CPU usage in brave nightly

Today I opened Brave like I do everyday and after some minutes Brave wasn’t responding, I opened Task Manager to see what’s wrong and I saw that Brave was using a lot of CPU. I watched it for a little and I saw that the usage was decreasing to 25-26% and after that Brave wasn’t responding for a second immediately the usage rose to 30% and until now it keeps doing the same thing.

I tried to reinstall as well but nothing

**Description of the issue: Brave use a lot of my CPU
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open Brave.
  2. Open Task Manager.
  3. See the CPU usage rise like crazy.

**Expected result: I expected to open Brave and like normally browse the internet.

**Brave Version( check About Brave): 0.72.90 Chromium: 78.0.3904.50 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)

**Additional Information: For some reason when the CPU usage of Brave drops to 25-26% Brave doesn’t respond for a second and after that the usage rise to 30%.

1 Like

@ObsidianFury,
Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you tell me if your Nightly build is part of a Sync chain or not?

Yes my build is in a sync chain

OK I think I fixed my problem I deleted the sync chain. Btw why did this happened?

1 Like

This is an issue the team is aware of and has been addressing. I believe we have an update getting pushed soon that will address some additional sync issues users may be encountering.

1 Like

Thank you for posting your fix.

Mine started happening last week as well (October 7th) on both my work Windows 10 computer and personal iMac. I couldn’t pin point what could be causing this on two different networks and two different operating systems.

So far, pages are responding as they were before.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.