Having Difficulty With Sync

When I enter my sync code from Brave on my OS Macbook into my Windows 10 PC nothing happens; most importantly to me, bookmarks are not migrated over. I’m not sure how this issue can be reproduced.

Version 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks!

is one of your computers running the older version of brave? Using sync initially should work as long as all devices in your sync chain is using the latest versions of brave and that your target machines are clean brave installs… after initial syncing is where the borkage starts… any way in most cases regardless I use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/eversync-sync-bookmarks-b/iohcojnlgnfbmjfjfkbhahhmppcggdog?hl=en

which you can use to sync your bookmarks accross all your browsers… Brave sync (v1 and v2) just were borked in my testing/usage…

Hey @megaspaz , thanks for the quick reply! I am using two completely updated versions of brave. I’m not sure what you mean by “clean install”, could you expand on that? I will try the EverSync for now!

clean install just meant you downloaded and just installed brave never installing it before…

@calebvdl,
Brave Sync should work for you – simply enter the Sync code properly and ensure that both devices are a part of the same Sync chain. Now, completely close/quit the browser on both ends. When you relaunch, Sync should be initiated. Note that it may take longer to migrate data if there is a significant amount of it – for example, it will take much longer to Sync 2000 bookmarks than it would 200.

Great! Maybe relaunching is the key. What I noticed is that after entering the sync code, it only listed the current device as part of the chain with no mention of the MacOS which I wanted to import from. I’ll update you if relaunching doesn’t work.

@calebvdl,
Note that if you’re importing from macOS, you’ll want to enter the Sync code that is shown on your macOS machine into the I have a Sync code page on your Windows machine.

Yep, that’s right. I now see my Macbook listed as a device, but nothing has migrated over despite selecting “sync everything”. Any ideas? Thanks for your continued help!

@calebvdl,
Have you closed both browser instances and relaunched?

Yes, I have, thanks for confirming :slight_smile: Any other ideas?

@calebvdl,
I’m sending you a DM with further instructions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.