Bookmark sync apps cannot sync

Description of the issue: After replacing my laptop on Friday I cannot download my bookmarks and Overwrite local data from EverSync. I heard something about Brave changing the “bookmark structure” and that is breaking all sync with any app like EverSync (xBrowserSync, etc)

How can this issue be reproduced? Go to EverSync and click options, go to the the Bookmarks tab and click Download under “Overwrite local data”. Or click EverSync extension icon and click Start Synchronization.

Expected result: It should download your bookmakrs from EverSync servers

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

3 Likes

Can confirm, any progress on this?

1 Like

Bro I found this topic being discussed here https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/7639, it seems it is a major issue after all and the Brave CEO himself said they’ll fix it. When? I don’t know.

2 Likes

Bump this up. Did they ever implement the fix?

2 Likes

Today I updated Brave to Version 1.3.118 but still no sync with Eversync.

People before: I bet we will have flying cars in 2020
We in 2020: browser without bookmarks :joy:

3 Likes

Updated to Version 1.4.95 and still cannot sync my bookmarks, won’t bother having expectations on when this will be fixed in the “”“stable”"" version, god knows …

New update, doesnt seem to have the fix in it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.