Brave Sync stopped working

Description of the issue:

I have seven computers running Brave and syncing between themselves. Some of them are Macs, and some of them are Windows. I went to sync a new Mac today. I generated a new sync code from a computer that synced with Brave without issues (MacOS 14.3).

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. I copied it and pasted it into the browser on the new computer (MacOS 14.3).

2. The new computer is syncing the bookmarks but not the extensions or my preferences in settings.

3. I have already Closed the Brave Browser out entirely then deleted the local Brave profile folder on the new and problematic computer by removing “/Users/MyName/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware” and restarted the sync but that did not change the result.

Expected result:

Syncing Brave data

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.62.162 Chromium: 121.0.6167.164 (Official Build) (arm64)

Additional Information:

I need to get this working again. Is there a way to have a computer with the complete dataset leave the chain, retain the data, then I can start going machine to machine to remove them, then create a new sync code from one of the machines with a complete dataset, then be able to restart the sync chain?

It might sound stvpid, but it happened to me…
Check on sync if the selection is on “customise sync” or “sync everything”.

Thank you for the thought. I forgot to mention in my original post that I had selected “Everything”.

I left the computer on overnight and the sync completed successfully. I did not change anything. I guess that either the sync tool is over-utilized and slower than it should be or I have more data to sync than the tool could complete in a short period of time.

Welcome to the club. It’s been over two months now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.