Hangouts only partially working

Description of the issue:
Google hangouts, even with the Hangouts chrome extension installed, 1) hangs while dialing and 2) doesn’t allow me to select a microphone or speaker (the selection dropdowns do not populate)

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Install the Chrome hangouts extension (I’m on the up-to-date version of Mac Mojave)
Attempt to dial a phone number using the extension.
Attempt to select a microphone or speaker to use.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
52%20PM

Expected result:
I expect to be able to make calls and essentially perform the same tasks I’d be able to perform on Chrome in this regard.

Reproduces how often:
Always, not intermittent

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.57.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
yes

Additional Information:
Nope, that’s it!

Do you have Fingerprint blocking set to Device recognition blocked? If so can you try setting it to 3rd party device recognition blocked? Chances are you might have to allow all device recognition for it to work correctly. But please try with allow 3rd party device recognition and check if it fixes the issue

That got me part way there. I had to set it to “allow fingerprinting,” but here’s what I get now:

Now, I still don’t have a way to click the button to allow it, but that’s a step closer! Any ideas on how I can take that next step?

You would need to allow All cookies as well if that didnt alone fix the issue.

Yep. And that one’s already done. Cookies are allowed.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.