Google Hangout calling in Gmail not working when cross-site fingerprint blocking enabled

Description of the issue:
In Gmail when I try to make a Hangouts call, my microphone and speakers don’t appear in the hangouts dialer when cross-site fingerprinting blocking is enabled

Also, when an incoming call is received, I can’t click the answer button.

Both of these features work fine if I disable blocking cross-site fingerprinting for mail.google.com. Even after adding both mail.google.com and hangouts.google.com to the list of sites allowed to use my microphone, these issues recur if I re-enable blocking cross-site fingerprinting on mail.google.com.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Enable blocking cross-site fingerprinting for Gmail
2.Try to make or receive a phone call from Gmail

Expected result:
Hangouts phone calling in Gmail works with device microphone and speaker

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.8.96 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Ubuntu Linux 20.04

Additional Information:
Google Hangout calling from Gmail was working before I upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04 and the latest version of Brave. I don’t think I’d disabled fingerprint blocking before, but it’s possible that I had.

If this can’t be fixed without allowing cross-site fingerprinting, is there any way to allow Gmail to use fingerprinting just for Hangouts, which is all that it’s currently requesting, rather than having to allow it to fingerprint for anything? I don’t like the all-or-nothing approach right now, as it would allow Gmail to start using fingerprinting for additional sites besides Hangouts that I might not want to allow.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.