Google Drive desktop notifications are broken in Brave for Windows

As per this earlier thread Google Drive - Can't enable browser notifications I cannot enable Google Drive notifications in Brave for Windows, either via the popup asking if I want to, or the Google Drive website’s notification settings (I toggle them on, but they’re off when I next visit that settings page).

Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Haven’t had this issue but would try to replicate it

Hi @Wizardling,

Sorry for your troubles here. Are you running Windows 10?

We’ll get to the bottom of this!

Yes to Windows 10. Other site’s desktop notifications like Google Calendar work okay with Brave.

@Wizardling,
In the Notifications menu (Settings --> Advanced --> Privacy/Security --> Content Settings --> Notifications), does drive.google.com appear in the Allow list?

1 Like

Yes, it is there as:

https://drive.google.com:443

I’ve yet to see a notification, though, and Google Drive certainly thinks it’s not set. I just tried deleting this setting, and re-enabled notifications for Google Drive in Brave. But it’s still broken in the exact same way.

We have seen this happen before for some sites, most likely related to this issue:

I’m going to add your report to the thread so we can get as much data on this as possible. I know it’s rather unsatisfying that this thread hits the same dead and as before but I will try to make some noise about this as it’s been around for a while.

Appreciate your patience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.