Gmail with problems

Hello,

My gmail open in brave have problems while when opened at chrome is ok. The problems are google hangouts is signed out and a red stripe appear time after time telling: Gmail is having authentication problems. Some features may not work. Try logging in to fix the problem.

Regards

Hello @rolak

i know you expert but just in case you missed something

1. make sure that hangout extension enabled here brave://settings/extensions
  2. did you check it on private mode
    a) if private mode work then maybe the issue with one of your extension so try to disable all of them and if it work then re enable them back one by one til you get the one that cause the issue
    b) if extension was not the issue then try to clear the cache and cookies

if all does not work then start brave using this flag --user-data-dir

check this for more info about that trick

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hello @justsomeone1

Thanks for the answer. I am not an expert and my post wanted to let know to the staff of the brave the above problems.

You are right. The hangout extension was not enabled at brave settings. I enabled that but the problem persist. The situation is the same. As for the other solutions I prefer to not do nothing. Don’t worth to disable all extensions (I have to many). But first of all could be created other problems. I am not an tech or computer expert.

Anyhow thank you for the help!

you very welcome @rolak

you can try also to disable shield or at least change cookies setting to allow all

hope this little trick do the job and have a nice day

First thing I did (the shield) when the problem appear @justsomeone1

But nothing. The problem is there.

what about using it in private mode with and without shield does it help ?

Even this would help I don’t see the solution. I want to use brave browser without having such kind of artifices. I haven’t use private mode never and don’t know how to use. I am not interested to use the browser in private mode so I need the solution in normal mode.

the private mode would help to diagnose the issue

so if it worked then the issue would be either with one of your extension or you need to clear your cache/cookies

then you would use it in normal mode

to use private mode go to menu then choose new private window

Thanks again @justsomeone1 I solved my problem. No need to open gmail at private window or to make other things. It was enough to sign in again and everything work perfectly.

Remain then the problem at my Facebook in which are missing contacts (all the right column of the page of Facebook).

1 Like

you very welcome and glad to know that it working now
for facebook i thing it could be cache/cookies issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.