[Fixed] Youtube video blank on fullscreen

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open YouTube
  2. Play video
  3. Go fullscreen

Expected result:
The video should play in fullscreen, but instead the screen goes black. The audio can be heard in the background though.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
Samsung Galaxy M51

Additional Information:
This happens most of the time, not always. To fix it, I have to either open the recent apps screen and then return to Brave or close the browser entirely.

Hello @akhilesh_t

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with reproducing YouTube videos.

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Additionally please try to disable or enable Vulkan to see if this prevent the screen going blank Open brave://flags > search for Vulkan > Disable it.

Let me know if that works. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply.

The hardware acceleration cannot be accessed because I’m using Android.

I tried disabling Vulkan, but that didn’t help.

Hi @akhilesh_t

Could you kindly clear cookies and cache and if you continue with the issue let me know! :raised_hands:

I disabled Hardware Encode and Decode from chrome://flags. This seems to have solved this issue. But I’ll need to test it for a few more days.

Hey @akhilesh_t

Thank you so much for the information, let me know if that works.

1 Like

Hi @Alice2095, just wanted to let you know that I haven’t faced this issue again

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.