File download dialog disappears after <1 second, can't download

Description of the issue:
When I try downloading a file (for example, a PDF), the file download dialog appears, then disappears very quickly, more quickly than I can normally move the mouse pointer to the ‘Save’ button. If do manage to click the button before the box disappears, no file is downloaded.
If I select printing, the printing dialog box appears. I can then select Save as PDF, then ‘Save’; the download dialog box appears, and I have the same problem described above(dialog box disappears quickly). If I print to a printer, the process works - I can print the file. However I can’t download it to my machine.
I have tried downloading both .pdf and .csv files, and the problem occurs with both file types. This seems to have started with version V1.34.81
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open any site with downloadable file links
  2. Attempt to download file to local file system

Expected result:
File will be saved to local filesystem

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
OS is OpenSUSE Leap 15.2, KDE Plasma desktop

After further testing, it looks like this is actually a problem with Brave when using the KDE Plasma desktop specifically. The same actions when using MATE instead of KDE work as expected. However, it is not purely a KDE problem, because (for example) Firefox downloads work correctly when using KDE.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.