Feedback And Next Update

Update Suggestions:

Add web page display feature in dark mode. Add features to download video and photo buttons directly from the website. Change the appearance of the main menu screen, so all buttons are below, make it simpler and easier to access with one hand. Add website page translation feature. Add the feature of quick access to favorite websites in the main menu display.

Change the color of the current logo, as the orange color is too light on the eyes. Add internet data saving graph statistics display. Change the entire main screen display and menu buttons to be simpler, easy to access with one hand, can be used and understood by all people, both young people and parents. Add the reading mode feature, by making the website display a dark mode, with less lighting, which makes the eyes more comfortable. Add a synchronization feature with user accounts, so that it is easier to access. Add cloud storage features with strong encryption system security.

Thanks to the “Brave” application development team.

1 Like

Some of these (if not all of them) should be a separate feature request, and some, will require more information, to include platform, as some of these appear to be platform-specific. Some of my answers may not hit the mark, but then again, these suggestions are terse with no specifics and no platform information (or current version of Brave being used).

a) Add web page display feature in dark mode.

There’s a toggle for this in Settings => Brave colors
If you’re referring to page content, then:
URL: brave://flags/ => Force Dark Mode for Web Contents

b) Add features to download video and photo buttons directly from the website.

Right-click, Download ??

c) Change the appearance of the main menu screen, so all buttons are below, make it simpler and easier to access with one hand.

This is one where this is platform-specific - Windows? Linux? Mac,? Android?
For example, Brave running on my openSUSE / Plasma desktop, the “Global menu” isn’t even “attached” to the Brave window - it’s appears in the Plasma desktop’s top Panel (like you’d see on a Mac).

gm

d) Add website page translation feature.

Install the extension … i navigated to a German website and this pop up appeared
translate

e) Add the feature of quick access to favorite websites in the main menu display.

What about Bookmarks or referring to the quick icons found on the New Tab page?

f) Change the color of the current logo, as the orange color is too light on the eyes.

Agreed - I think this might be on a request already.

g) Add internet data saving graph statistics display.

This shows up on my New Tab page (thought statistic text, not a graph … not sure how a graph is useful without baseline statistics for comparison).

h) Change the entire main screen display and menu buttons to be simpler, easy to access with one hand, can be used and understood by all people, both young people and parents.

This is probably referring to a smartphone, but I’m guessing.

i) Add the reading mode feature, by making the website display a dark mode, with less lighting, which makes the eyes more comfortable.

I believe this is currently in “research” status, but
on Android: Settings => Accessibility => Simplified view
and on some desktops, go to URL “chrome://flags/#enable-reader-mode”
and enable it, restart Brave, then use “Distill page” from the menu

Might also try this:
URL: chrome://flags/#brave-speedreader

j) Add a synchronization feature with user accounts, so that it is easier to access.

Settings => Sync
sync

k) Add cloud storage features with strong encryption system security.

Unclear what this is … something like Google Drive?

1 Like