Failed to uncompress files. (Help)

Hello! I am Acksel. I need some help, I just a few hours ago uninstalled Brave and tried to reinstall it because of an ongoing issue I have encountered. Before I uninstalled it the Browser worked just fine. But when I tried to reinstall it, it told me it had trouble connecting. I eventually got to fix that problem by resetting my laptop, but when it went to the installment it failed to uncompress files. I have been trying for hours now to get it fixed and I’ve tried restarting my laptop, clearing my files (All the files I have knowledge of where they are at least.), and continuously trying again. And I’ve tried the alternative downloads for brave but nothing seems to work… Please help me. I’m about to give up. :frowning:

@ACKSEL,
To confirm, on Windows, you should be using the Add/Remove programs feature to uninstall the browser and remove any associated data. To ensure you’ve gotten rid of all Brave files, go to ~\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local and ensure there’s no BraveSoftware folder here – if there is, delete it.

Then, re-download and install the browser as normal. If you run into the same issue, take a screenshot of the error and share it with me here and we’ll continue troubleshooting.

1 Like

Already done that. It was the first idea

Also apologies, the title is meant to be Uncompress Archive.

@ACKSEL,
Can you try downloading and installing Brave using the standalone installer?

1 Like

Oh jeez, I sure am dumb haha. Thank you so much! It worked. <3 I greatly appreciate it mister Mattches.

1 Like