I can't download BRAVE!

I CAN’T DOWNLOAD BRAVE

Yesterday brave didn’t want to open for me in my desktop computer so I regretively uninstalled it, losing my BAT, but now I can’t even re-install it.

I went to the official page, download the .exe file and then when inslalling it produces an error in the connection, where there is not. I literally intalled chrome to test it and it was fine.

I don’t know what to do, I Have been using brave for 2-3 years I don’t use anything else, and I really need it.

1 Like

I think one of the problems might be residual brave files somewhere in the computer like in the registry that needs to be deleted. I could have sworn I found a post by @Mattches detailing this but I cannot find it. You might need to try a uninstall program that deep deletes remaining files like revo uninstall or something. Have you tried looking at Youtube videos on how to completely uninstall brave?

1 Like

why this happeneing…no other browsers do that

1 Like

I tried that, by hand and by another program to delete residual info but it didn’t work either :confused:

1 Like

It goes beyond me really :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

:rofl: dont know whats happening these days

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments, I’ve reported it to our devs. As a temp option, Follow the directions here: @tux51512 @HighPriestess42 @anujkmr953

https://community.brave.com/t/i-cant-download-the-browser/285569/3

3 Likes

I have the same problem on my laptop with Windows 8.1.
But on another computer with Windows 10 brave installed without problems.

3 Likes

me too…problem in windows 8.1.hoping for a fix from brave.lets see

1 Like

We’re actively investigating the issue, thanks for your patience

Quick question - what version of Windows are folks here using? It seems this might be related to the cipher suites available for SSL/TLS when trying to download. I suspect this affects Windows 7 and Windows 8 (8.1) users.

We’re tracking here https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/18300 - I’ll make sure to update there and here when we have a fix :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I am using Windows 8.1 and thanks for looking into this matter.

2 Likes

OK folks - this should be resolved! Please try the download again and let us know :slight_smile:

If you already have the installer, you can simply try this again (no need to download again). It should work great now. Please let us know!

cc: @tux51512 @HighPriestess42 @anujkmr953 @opacz

5 Likes

Ok i will check this in the morning…thanks for working on it…I will let you know.

2 Likes

I had the same issue today with Windows 7 Pro, with Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 :slight_smile: old laptop. Opera installed perfectly, since I was looking something working smooth and fast, Brave was my first choice, but this accident happend. :tipping_hand_man:

1 Like

@mikdb hope that you’ll give us a try :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: This should be working great now

2 Likes

It’s working! Thank You :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ofcourse! Unfortunately it was a client laptop and he just took it and went away, but if he will be back, I will reinstall the Brave. :slight_smile:

About me I did change Browsers to Brave on every device I have, or work on it. It is 6 devices all together. Brave is currently the fastest browser and more secure with more privacy option than others.

Great job with desktop mode, with playing video in the background! It makes me to stop using Firefox while listening to the YouTube, since it was the only one Browser working this mode. And I love the built in Addblock! :orange_heart:

I will recommend it to all my friends :slight_smile:

2 Likes

working!..thanks @clifton :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I have Windows 7 64bits but I have never had this kind of problem with brave before

1 Like

It’s working! Thanks!!

2 Likes