Estimated dropped wiping out most of this months earnings

@Chezar, @sneakybrit

Short answer:
We appreciate the feedback and we hear you.

Real answer:
If you’re unaware, a browser is a complex piece of software comprised of millions (1,000,000's) of lines of code and (especially when the code is open source, like ours) has likely been edited by 100s - 1000s of different people. For Brave, in addition to the browser, we built a new crypto currency, integrated it directly into the browser along with many additionally complicated features like:

• Shields and other internal security measures to protect you while browsing
  • Integrated Tor functionality directly into browser window for enhanced privacy
  • Integrated webtorrent directly into the browser
  • Built-in Crypto wallet management
  • The ability to Tip Bat to individually verified creators, or setup a recurring payment for creators, or tip an individual personal users Reddit, Github, Twitter account

I could very easily create a much larger lists of features and effort the team has put into this browser. The idea that Brave put BAT out into the world – that is, did everything just listed and much more – disseminated it to millions of users just to take it back a couple dollars at a time is lost on me. It doesn’t make sense from a business standpoint. Or from any standpoint, really.

It is complicated and bugs/issues happen when you’re attempting to create something that hasn’t been done before – and we’re doing all of this while preserving everyone’s privacy/anonymity. We have gone far out of our way to rectify issues that cause users to lose their rightfully earned funds while simultaneously navigating around the constant barrage of fraudulent activity.

We appreciate you and everyone else using our browser and practicing patience as our team grows, learns and pushes new and exciting things into the world. Trust me when I say we see the complaints, the feedback and the desire for this browser to reach its true potential. The truth is, we will only get there with users like you who stick with us even when things are broken and/or difficult. Giving us feedback (positive or negative), reporting bugs/issues, filing feature requests, testing our Beta build – all of this adds up.

Thank you for your support and patience. @Chezar @sneakybrit – can you please send me a DM with your wallet PID (in plaintext please) so that we can add you to the list of users known to be experiencing this issue?

4 Likes