Description of the issue:
I’ve tried to cast multiple votes on snapshot.org with a Ledger via Brave and am getting a "Wrong signature” error after casting the vote/transaction.
Note that everything works fine up to signing the vote with the Ledger. For example:
- I am able to successfully connect the wallet to snapshot.org
- I am able to successfully confirm the transaction in the Brave wallet interface.
- The Brave wallet correctly brings up the interface to complete the translation on the Ledger
- My Ledger asks me to review and sign the transaction/message
When I confirm the transaction on the Leger and it is broadcast back to the site is when the error is produced “ Wrong signature” on the Snapshot.org interface and the vote is not cast.
I’ve reached out to Snapshot.org via discord and they tested that they are able to cast/sign a vote with a Ledger via meta mask so this must be something with Brave. Note that I’ve been able to successfully cast/sign votes on snapshot.org with a native Brave wallet account ( account that doesn’t require a ledger to sign transactions)
I"m using the Brave Wallet in Avalanche defi everyday with a Ledger and this is the only Brave Wallet/LEdger issue I’ve come across
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Have a Ledger Ethereum or Avalanche account setup with Brave Wallet
- Go to snapshot.org and click on a proposal from a network that you were part of the snapshot on for that proposal
- Go through the steps to cast a vote, after signing the transaction with your Ledger the site will produce an error “ Ops…Wrong Signature”
Brave Version (check About Brave):
Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Snashot.org has a discord…their developer " Laurent" confirmed that Ledger with Metamask works on their site