Ecuador Uphold Account - verified, then unverified but received rewards, now neither nor

So, I’ve been going through the forum for a few days and haven’t found any answer yet. Some relatables, but not specifif. I registered with Uphold a year ago, the Uphold account is based in Ecuador, the address is in Ecuador. I think I registered with my ecuadorian ID, not sure though - could by my german one. But as far as I can see, Uphold is registered for Ecuador. The Brave Rewards is on Ecuador, too. Ecuador is on the supported region list (unlike the countries in similar posts), but restricted for creating accounts - but mine was already created, and working just fine until 1.48.

With vBAT everything was working kind of, even though it showed that it wasn’t verified, I received the BAT regularly. Couldn’t register on my cellphone, though.

My guess is that it’s just the uncertainty about the country, but it would be great if someone could clarify. Thank you!

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows 10, v1.48.167

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
NO

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?
First time: Februaro 2019 I think

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
not for verification, used it sometimes in the past, but usually not

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes, Ecuador is on there

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? Does that apply to a laptop?

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements? yes, completey registered, no problems

As you can see, Ecuador is listed under supported regions for connecting to Uphold.
If you aren’t able to though and get an error like ‘Country Mismatch’, you’ll have to reset Brave rewards, select the country of which your ID for KYC at Uphold and try to connect.
That means if you use ID from Ecuador for KYC, select Ecuador in the select region prompt after resetting rewards.
If your ID is German, then maybe update your ID so it becomes from Ecuador cause Germany is not supported for connecting to Uphold at the moment.

No, it says “Error - Region currently not supported” (in German, since the browser language is german:

"Fehler: Region derzeit nicht unterstützt

Ihr Uphold-Konto kann derzeit nicht mit Ihrem Brave-Belohnungen-Profil verbunden werden. Ihr Uphold-Konto ist in einem Land registriert, für das eine Verbindung mit Brave-Belohnungen momentan nicht unterstützt wird."

EDIT: Did the reset, same error message.

Then it seems your ID is german. You can try updating the ID to one from Ecuador and once updated wait upto 24 hrs for it to update on the API and then try.

Okay, I wrote to the uphold support and will see what they say. I couldn’t find what my registration country was. The adress in the uphold account is set in Ecuador, though. Thanks for the answer, I’ll post an update as soon as I get a reply.

So, I contacted the Uphold support. They were not able to tell me which ID I used, nor is it possible to update the ID, unfortunately. I guess I’ll have to wait and try from time to time. Thank you!

Well I guess so. Lol. You could keep checking for updates about unsupported regions at

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.