Downloads no longer display in browser status bar

UPDATE: Just discovered via this Reddit post that the latest update eliminates the download file in the lower status bar and moves the download icon to the upper right status bar. The linked post will show you how to change the default to the former configuraton.

Description of the issue:
Completed downloads no longer display in bottom status bar

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Download image in browser
    2.Message displays in upper right corner indicating download completed
  2. Message disappears

Expected result:

After downloading image/file lower status bar should display the download, permitting it to be uploaded to a blog post by moving it via mouse to upload screen

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.50.114 Chromium: 112.0.5615.49 (Official Build) (64-bit)
](https://brave.com/latest**Additional Information:**

Go to brave://flags/
and disable download bubbles

Before this change there were several requests asking to get rid of the download bar. Now that it is gone there are several complaints. It’s impossible to satisfy all users. Only possible thing is to offer some configuration that allows users to set the browser as they wish.

1 Like

Hey @rodrige , is there a list with all brave links that i can access in browser url?

Like your example

Or brave://adblock etc…
Thanks!

Not rodrige, but try brave://about/

2 Likes

Yes, I understand why, if you don’t need or use that status bar, it might seem like useless clutter. But for others of us who use it regularly to upload files and such, & for whom it’s almost essential, it serves an important purpose.

So I think it would be a good idea to give the option to choose by adding a setting in the browser settings letting the user choose. You could have one option set as default, but allow the user to check the alternate box to activate the alternate setting.

My suggestion anyway…

Branching off of your suggestion: Enable the new thing as default on new installations, but leaving the previous default alone and putting a notification for existing installs that this feature is live. Then sending user to the setting to choose which.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.