Does Syncing also save open tabs?

Hey guys,
I wonder if there is any way to save all my open tabs without actually bookmarking them.
Since I never used the “Sync” option yet I wonder If I can just open Brave again after a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and then just all my now open tabs, open there again after putting in the Sync Code.
Not just the bookmarks - but the currently open tabs!
But as mentioned I want to fresh install my Windows 10 Pro, so I can not search for the syncing device! Is there any way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Version 0.70.123 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-Bit)

2 Likes

Currently no. Brave Sync only sync your bookmarks across devices. Other data sync is in the plan.

1 Like

Alright, thank you for the fast reply. I hope you implement this soon :slight_smile:

edit:
I have found this here, which actually is the solution to my question lol.
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/save-open-chrome-tabs

Is there a way to export the passwords and Autofill forms?

2 Likes

@enum,
You can export passwords by going to Settings --> Autofill --> Passwords --> more options (three dots) --> Export

1 Like

Thank you. Now I can reinstall my Windows 10 without fear of having to type everything in again, except the open tabs :smiley:
I will find a solution myself and code something, maybe I will share the result :wink:

1 Like

@enum,
I would recommend copying the entire User data folder found in ~/Users/[YourUserName]/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser and – after reinstalling Windows 10, and reinstalling Brave – replacing the new Brave installations User data folder with your copied version. It should carry over your entire session – including open tabs, passwords, etc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.