Does anyone receive Ad notifications as usual?

None in two weeks for me.

no i havent had ads for weeks. Brave isnt what it was,

1 Like

Nopeā€¦ didnā€™t receive any ads for last 4 days and the reward has been reduced to 0.025 :sob:

hello everyone

here are what i found from reading the reward internals

1. there time limit between getting ads around 15 min so once you get one then the next one will be at least after 15 min

2. reward system category the sites you visit i did not see they keep more than 3 category at time so once you get to new category it replace one of the 3 you already had and they also has sub category not sure if there sub for that sub also or not

3. some ads require certain category to be displayed and some show with multi category other even require sub category

4. ads served if there a matching category if not it will check the parent category if the ads accept that check number 3

5. this one is tricky so i will do my best to explain it system check the last 24 hours ads history (not today history ) and if it find you got 20 ads then you will not get any till the first ads of those 20 serverd before 24 hours

so let us say you start using reward system for first time at 8 am and let us say secand ads come at 10 am and you got all your 20 ads at 5 pm now tomorow you would not get any ads till it be around 8 am then after you get that one you will not get any till around 10 am

hope i explained it well

1. some ads do not repeat on the same day other repeated once for each category they have

i have ads when i check itā€™s category in the reward setting i find it has 3 category this one repeated 3 times max other ads only show with one category so it show only once

1. ads value is variable i think most of you know that

2. some thing related to ads category i can not break yet cause the log give some symbol i do not know what it mean yet

all the above points based on my guessing from reading the internal logs and i am just user like all of you so i could be wrong or miss something or manything

hope that explain some of the new reward system behavior

thanks for your time and have a nice day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i forget
congratulations everyone the exchange rate of bat is raising who know maybe it be like bitcoin price one day :wink: so if you got 100 bat you will be millioner :moneybag:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t. Reinstalled on Android, lost all of my BAT but now I receive adsā€¦ not good!!! :sob:

did not you backup your wallet

Iā€™m new to this, wasnā€™t aware that I had to.

soory then there are no way to get it back

1 Like

Is there any way to back up your wallet on android @justsomeone1?

idk i do not have brave on android but in desktop i go to reward setting

Screenshot from 2020-08-19 16-39-07

not sure if the option there in android or not

1 Like

Guys, Finally I have ads in my laptop. These are the steps I did.

(1) I uninstalled Brave and delete all Brave registry entry from Windows registry editor as well as Brave folders from AppData folder and restart my PC.
(2) Then I install Brave as usual and enable Brave reward.
(3) Then I connect my uphold account. And within 5 min one ads shows up. Thatā€™s kinda cool :grinning:
(4) Then I restore my previous wallet using back up key. Since then I received 2 Ads :wink:

I donā€™t know whatā€™s going to happen in the future, but I believe in Developers :relaxed:

If this steps works for you, then let me know here.

The frequency and the number of adds I receive have been reduced by about 75%. The value for each add has also been reduced by about 50%.

check this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m not receiving any ads from Brave Rewards anymore aswell. It worked like a charm until about end of July ā€¦ then it stopped. Since then, no ads.
I already tried to check up on everything I can - Brave Notifications are allowed and work via the web notification tool.

Iā€™m a bit sad because I was talking among people very positively about Brave and that I will also tip them if they enter the brave creators program ā€¦ well, guess what, I canā€™t tip them because I donā€™t get any ads anymore ā€¦ this is sad :frowning: ā€¦ and now they joke that the shā€¦ I recommended to them doesnā€™t work. I feel bad for luring them in.

There is a temporary fix by using the nightly build version, that one displays ads for me - but itā€™s buggy and needs to be updated so frequently, I donā€™t like that at. Why canā€™t they not merge only the Brave Rewards changes from the Nightly Build over to the productive version and make a quick fix??

On android we donā€™t have seed phrase, this is only available in desktop. Unfortunately in mobile the only way to secure your BAT is by uphold sync.

And well, actually the new version on desktop donā€™t give the option to get your seed phrase, you can recorver old wallets with it, but new ones need uphold sync to secure and restore.

thanks for the info about android

i still see the backup option in desktop and i am using last version and i agree the claimed bats only saved by having uphold

1 Like

Well i donĀ“t know, since last update i see this message in my panel, same in a new install on another machine.

I have written a post elsewhere so more people become aware of this topic: it can be found by googling the words ā€œBAT - known current problem with brave rewards july bugā€
(link is not allowed here :frowning: )

Feel free to comment and correct me there if anything was wrong. Iā€™m sure the devs are working hard on it, I hope itā€™ll get fixed soon. I really donā€™t wanna be the bad guy for ā€œluring inā€ some creators that canā€™t get tipped now :frowning:

Also, for the ones complaining due to the new 0.025 BAT per ad, is not thing from brave, we only have stingy publishers.

Brave puts the plataform, publishers put the money and the earnings per user.