I have never received a push notification ad through Brave

I have never received a Brave ad on my Windows PC.
I have reinstalled Brave to no avail.
I have been through the FAQ and tried I think everything I found there and on other threads from the many many many people that have issues getting ads through your browser.
My OS configuration is fine since I can get notifications in Brave from several web pages that I opt to receive notifications on.
I DO receive ads when browsing on my android phone, just never on my PC.
I am opted in to receive ads.
I have it configured for 5 ads per hour.
I have tried disabling and re-enabling ads.

Are you able to receive general desktop/push notifications?
Yes I have no trouble receiving notifications in Brave.

Are you in a supported region (if so, which one)?
Yes I’m in the UK.

Give us a brief description of the ads behavior you’re seeing
Started using Brave at the start of July and have never received an ad via notification. I have two or three times seen an ad on the new tab splash screen, always for the same company, but I have never received a push notification.

What OS/Brave version are you using?

Brave 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision 19abfe7bcba9318a0b2a6bc6634a67fc834aa592-refs/branch-heads/4147@{#852}
OS Windows 10 OS Version 1903 (Build 18362.959)

Earn tokens by viewing Brave Ads. Ads presented are based on your interests, as inferred from your browsing behaviour. No personal data or browsing history ever leaves your browser.

Estimated rewards pending
0.000BAT0.00 USD

Next payment date
6 Aug

Ad notifications received this month

Well, as i see in your profile, welcome to the community.

As for you situation, well, as protocol just to mention that ads depends on:

• The number of advertisers
  • The number of campaings
  • Your browsing habbits.

(Also the configuration of " 5 ads oer hour" really means “up to 5 ads per hour”, it doesn’t guarenty exactly 5 ads every hour).

Once said that we need to mention that sometimes you are not going to receive ads due to already mention as for other stuff in FAQ that propably you already read.

Any way, i see that in UK there are only 3 ad campaings currently runing (you can check them in https://brave.com/transparency/), so low number of ads as watching the same ad every time is completly normal.

Now, as for this month, well… The current explanation to lower number of ads below the usual (no ads in many cases) is that advertisers are renewing contracts with BRAVE, so some companies are finishing deals with them and others are joining the program. This means downtime in servers due to updates on campaings catalog.

1 Like

I get you, I figured it might be something like that, but not a single ad received on PC while I’m receiving them on my mobile? That just seems a bit off to me. I guess we’ll see what happens over the coming weeks.

I had the same situation on android until a couple of days, i was receiving ads on linux desktop but not on android. (While i’m writting an ad popup on my mobile).

As far as i know, the catalog is different between mobile and desktop devices (and it should not be a surprise that is subdivided by OS since most complains are from Windows desktops).

So, i’m sure this would normalize passing this month, and well be patient, with covid-19 not much companies want to invest to much money because of the actual economy, so the waiting period to update servers is bigger.

Android telefonuma bende reklam bildirimi alamıyorum en kısa sürede düzelir bu sorun sanırsam 1 hafta oldu hiç reklam gelmedi

Over two weeks later and I still have not received a single ad on my desktop PC.

In the last two weeks I had occasion to rebuild my old PC for my dad to keep him occupied during lockdown, and as soon as I finished building that PC and installing Brave, it started receiving ads without any issue whatsoever.

On my main PC? Still not a single ad. I think that’s a little beyond the whole desktop versus mobile different campaigns issue, or indeed any campaign related issue.

Are there still tons of people reporting no ads? Have we had any feedback at all from Brave about it? Have they even acknowledged there’s an issue?

Still no ads.

Your customer service is pretty non existent eh?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.