Dislike Brave Web View Rounded Corners

As the title says, I disagree with the new default flag to “Use rounded corners on main content areas”. I get it fits within the Windows 11 design, but frankly monitors are not round, no point in rounding corners on a rectangular screen and adding a few pixels of padding around the entire window, especially as it is a different shade than the dark mode on websites either natively or with plugins that force dark mode. I know it is a subtle change but the second I launched the browser after the update I immediately dug into the flags to disable it again because it just feels wrong, I had to open up Ungoogled Chromium and Brave Stable next to it to compare

Brave version 1.61.83 Chromium: 119.0.6045.163 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

4 Likes

Indeed. I noticed in the last update. Just… WHY?

We already have the natural screen border around the LCD. Why add another border inside it? It’s distracting and it just doesn’t make any sense.

Version 1.62.73 Chromium: 119.0.6045.163 (Official Build) nightly (arm64)

2 Likes

And if you snap 2 brave browsers side by side in windows you’ll see that the borders left/right aren’t even the same size, so you get a ugly line in the middle of the screen with wasted space that feel just wrong because of the size difference.

1 Like

BTW big thanks to @meechgalhuquot for finding the flag, it saved my sanity.

THANK YOU for pointing out this flag. It’s as though someone said “I have a great idea - what if Brave showed less of a web page?”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.