Devices not showing up in sync chain / not syncing

Description of the issue:
Device List only shows the local device, even though I added both windows machines to the same sync chain.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

  1. Create new sync chain on one machine
  2. Click add device to get Sync Chain Code
  3. Enter Code on second device

Reproduces how often:

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
Windows 10 Desktop Machines

Additional Information:
I tried removing and re-adding, same issue

Did both devices have Brave 1.12.x or higher?

Yes, both devices have the mentioned version installed

I can confirm that this doesn’t appear to be working with the latest releases on Android/Windows. Computer doesn’t show up on phone list of devices, no devices added to chain on computer. Content isn’t synced.

I noticed that when I close out the Sync settings on the computer, then go back into them, the sync categories that were toggled enabled previously are all disabled again. Seems to be something isolated primarily to the desktop browser

I noticed that one too (with the settings) but for me it’s only on one machine that it resets, the other one keeps the settings…

Welp, I guess we have to wait for a fix. Not sure why this was released in this state.

1 Like

Hey @ll,

same problem here.
Connection on android phone Huawei P30, Android 10.1.0 seems to work (Desktop device is shown up in Device List)

On Desktop (Windows 10, x64 with Version 1.12.114 Chromium: 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)) Device List is empty and Sync Settings are always resetting to disabled.


I had the exact same problem. Laptop A had for 2 years. Laptop B brand new. Got sync code from A and entered on B, same results as described above. Left sync chain on A, closed all tabs and Brave on A, rebooted A, launched Brave, enabled sync. Went to B, left old sync chain, entered new sync code - worked as advertised. Both A & B show each’s device list.

I had some time to glance back at this just now and it seems that after I left it alone for a while, it actually populated the device list and manages to save the sync settings now. Same exact versions as I had in my original reply. I’m not sure how long it took, but it was at least a few hours, since I didn’t post here immediately and used Brave for a while after I did. I haven’t verified all sync features are working right, but it seems to be pretending to at least :sweat_smile:

I tried your way but unfortunately it’s still the same for me.

Edit: Actually, after some time has passed now both devices show up and it seems to be syncing the bookmarks as well! Will now try to enable password sync and see if that works too.