Desktop clock at the wrong time

Clock showing time 12 hours out

Install the latest version of Brave 0.66.99 on Win 10 Build 1903 and the clock on my Brave desktop is showing 02:00 instead of the system time of 14:00

Expected result is local time 14:00 GMT

Actual result is 02:00

Where does Brave take its time stamp from and how do I adjust it?

I have found the issue. It is the Language setting. If I change to UK English from the default US English, it picks up GMT and displays the clock correctly.

Welcome, @Abernyte. That is very strange. Maybe there was another factor?

I just tried forcing Brave (versions listed below) to do this by switching from US English to UK (moving to top, checking “Display Brave in this language”, relaunch, then delete US, relaunch) with no effect on the time displayed.
Brave Version 0.69.39 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)
Brave Version 0.65.121 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Brave Version 0.66.99 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

1 Like

Thanks.
I have tried switching back to US English and not moving it to the top and the clock returns to 12 hours difference 1830 to 0630.
When I switch back to UK English it reverts to showing the clock at the correct GMT time of 1830.
US English option still has text displayed saying it will “translate to this language.”
At least my clock is at the correct time now!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is so weird! Well, as you say, at least it’s displaying the right time, now. :slight_smile:

Maybe I didn’t see the change from AM/PM. Maybe having 24hr time makes a difference. I’ll try it again later and report back if I notice a different result.

Figured it out: It’s not changing the time it’s reporting, but the format in which it’s reporting it. In other words, in the US we generally don’t use 24hr time, so at 14:14 we would say 2:14PM, but Brave doesn’t include the PM and puts a leading zero in the hour, so it shows 14:14 as 02:14 when it’s set to US, but 14:14 when set to UK or Australia. To a most US people (other than those in the military or otherwise accustomed to 24hr time), it wouldn’t be a big deal, but to someone used to 24hr time all the time, it would look like a 12hr difference.

Well figured. That makes good sense. I will watch out for daylight savings time later this year to see how it responds. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.